PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Sportsmarts

Tifa
04-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Just done a reasonably good deal on a pair...@ 189 delivered...will be interesting to see if any of the bollocks stack up....

Anyone else have any experience (good or bad) with THIS tyre ??

:banana:

...by THIS...I mean DUNLOPS...not Bridgestones, Michelins, Pirellii's, Maxii's, Avons, Metzlers, etc..etc..etc...etc....:p:

:peace:

....now....where are my spoons....??? :rolleyes:

TroyBoy30
04-21-2010, 07:41 AM
roadsmarts are one of the best sport touring tires out there. The road 2's and bt016's are also very good

Tifa
04-21-2010, 08:44 AM
roadsmarts are one of the best sport touring tires out there.
yes, but what about Sportsmarts ???

twin4me
04-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey Tifa you should have got Michelins!

:kidding:

Tifa
04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey Tifa you should have got Michelins!

:bs:....wot?...and support the French?

...feckin hell...it's just me with the Sportsmarts then...:crybaby:

TroyBoy30
04-21-2010, 03:06 PM
yes, but what about Sportsmarts ???

not as much mileage as roadsmarts or road 2's

hairy
04-21-2010, 04:02 PM
:bs:....wot?...and support the French?

...feckin hell...it's just me with the Sportsmarts then...:crybaby:

didnt i read somewhere about them FOGGING up when wet:p::kidding:

mickdeblood
04-22-2010, 02:37 AM
there are two of us, i have qualifiers on, they seem alright, they are good once warmed up, i did prefer the rennsports that came from the factory but i'm not sure what the rennsports are like in the rain, the qualifiers have more treads in them

ps i have a mate with an 06 T who is uncathchable on a twisty road and he swears by the qualifiers; ie plenty of warning when slipsy starts

Tifa
04-22-2010, 04:03 AM
didnt i read somewhere about them FOGGING up when wet:p::kidding:
ta for that dude.. :bond: :bond: :bond: :bond:

Nob
04-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Sportsmax Quali's are excellent tyres imho, these are just an updated version eh?. Good grip in ALL conditions. 3500 miles and still life in the rear even with 'spirited' riding.

windy
04-26-2010, 03:14 AM
Half the battle with tyres is in the mind. I had a few scarey moments when on Dunlops some years back so don't use them anymore, bit unfair on the tyre maybe because it could just have been my fault or the road conditions but when you're in to three figures on the clock on damp roads you don't want to be thinking **wonder if these tyres will grip**

Nobist and lot's of other riders seem to like them, me, I'm a Bridgestone fan me sen....:worship:

Thought I'd give you a mention there Nobist so you'll feel like one of the AF1family....:p:

:peace:windy

ARAIHEAD
04-26-2010, 03:41 AM
when you're in to three figures on the clock on damp roads you don't want to be thinking **wonder if these tyres will grip**

Martin, sorry i mean windy, i hope the three figure roads that you are refering to are "private" roads!:rolleyes:

windy
04-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Martin, sorry i mean windy, i hope the three figure roads that you are refering to are "private" roads!:rolleyes:

Did I type roads...:confused:I meant track....:p:

Nob
04-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Half the battle with tyres is in the mind. I had a few scarey moments when on Dunlops some years back so don't use them anymore, bit unfair on the tyre maybe because it could just have been my fault or the road conditions but when you're in to three figures on the clock on damp roads you don't want to be thinking **wonder if these tyres will grip**

Nobist and lot's of other riders seem to like them, me, I'm a Bridgestone fan me sen....:worship:

Thought I'd give you a mention there Nobist so you'll feel like one of the AF1family....:p:

Cheers Windy lad. I feel loved and honoured. Gotta say though I lurvs me Bridgstones too. What them Bt010 ers called now ?
Mmmm, never liked Pirellis but this Dragon's taking some stick and surviving well. Never had so much snot on the sides of me tyres so I must getting it over a fair bit more than usual, OR is it the Tuono confidence effect ?.
Nah, Dunlops next.