PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Frame Covers

samann
04-20-2010, 09:13 AM
I saw an old post about someone making some carbon fiber frame covers for the ugly, I mean "different" gold frames on the Factory Tuonos. I know these will be pricey (if anyone still makes them) but, it might be better than stripping the bike to paint or powdercoat the frame.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott
scootertrash@suddenlink.net

Priest
04-20-2010, 09:29 AM
I saw an old post about someone making some carbon fiber frame covers for the ugly, I mean "different" gold frames on the Factory Tuonos. I know these will be pricey (if anyone still makes them) but, it might be better than stripping the bike to paint or powdercoat the frame.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott
scootertrash@suddenlink.net

You can order it from this guy on apriliav60forum http://www.apriliav60.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18545

or from http://www.polidom.com

samann
04-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the info.
Any experience with Pro-Fiber.com?
Looks like they have a set for $212 american dollars.

Batfastard
04-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the info.
Any experience with Pro-Fiber.com?
Looks like they have a set for $212 american dollars.

I got a pair of heat shields from Pro-fiber, no hassle.

kamper11
04-20-2010, 02:52 PM
You can get them in the US thru this guy as well - Ive got some stuff and he's great to deal with - and US based

www.madmoto1.com

Im not affiliated - just a happy customer

samann
04-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Pulled the trigger on the Pro-Fiber.com covers from Slovenia????

Anyway, I will attempt to post pics when I get them. I am sure they are being hauled by donkey to a local fishing port, will be ultimately loaded on a wooden ship between two bales of hay then off-loaded in Singapore and loaded onto a soy bean ship sailing to Mexico and trucked up to Texas.

Maybe I'll see them in a couple of weeks...

Also, bought a couple of additional nice pieces from those boys down at AF1.
I may not be any faster but I'll look cool being slow and old...
Scott