PDA

View Full Version : Techlusion ??? Has anyone used one ???

zx6racer
03-02-2004, 09:36 AM
I pick up my 04 Factory in two weeks, on order is the air box kit but I already have Akrapovic evo full system but I cant put it one because my dealer does not have a axone. :mad:
Has anyone used one or knows about the techlusion fuel injection box ???? :confused:
Can I use one of those adjustable fuel pressure modifier ????

:peace:

clarkie49
03-02-2004, 09:59 AM
evo fuel pressure modifier - yes

techlusion - no

check out the tread with the Quil slip-ons and look at the a/f graph, it shows how bad the a/f is even on map 2

this has nothing to do with the slip-ons themselves, more just the fuel map.

a pciii-usb will be able to get the a/f level at 13:1 from 4,000rpm-11,000rpm

in the near future there will be other way to manipulate the fuel and ignition tables, but nothing yet

zx6racer
03-02-2004, 10:21 AM
The dealer said to the Techlusion in place of the PCiii with the full exhust and the air box kit I never seen it untill this month Sport Rider they used it on there SV race bike.

clarkie49
03-02-2004, 10:43 AM
does your dealer know if the techlusion works on the 04????

it is a completely different computer system and is not like the ducati one either

zx6racer
03-02-2004, 10:55 AM
I dont know :confused:
On the Akrapovic web site it says you dont have to do any mods to the fueling with there systems and they tell you not to with ot a dyno and air fuel meter.
The power comander wide band, is that like a PCiii or just an a/f meter ???

zx6racer
03-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Can anyone help me:confused: Does anyone know about the thing ???:confused:
:bond:

Ed / AF1 Racing
03-02-2004, 05:17 PM
skip on them.....

we tried to tune two of them on other bikes....did not do anything.......nothing........

also they can only richen the mixture and not lean it. Also they are not plug-n-play....you have to splice your injector wires, not good!!!!

FrogFactory
03-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Clarkie / Ed
My dealer told me that he got some news from an Aprilia France tech he knows, that Siemens were working on a specific map for the Aprilia/Akra full system. You would use the axone to load it in the EFI. Do you guys have any info on that?

Thunder Factory
03-02-2004, 06:33 PM
I mailed Techfusion if they had a unit for the 04 and got this reply:

not yet, should have something by late spring. thank you for the inquiry
george
tech dept
[I][B]

On a side issue PC3 are due in the UK end of this month.

zx6racer
03-03-2004, 07:52 AM
Dont you need map2 to install a PCiii ???
In the LP book techlusion is listed for the 04 but it could be a miss print. On the Akrapovic web site it says you dont have to alter fueling with there system I dont know

clarkie49
03-03-2004, 08:11 AM
you dont really believe anything in the LP catalogue do you :D

are you getting the Aprilia/Akrapovic exhaust system or the Akrapovic system, they are different.

you could always be the tester and let us know how it all works :D

the LP catalogue was printed back in November before any information was actually known for the 2004 Aprilia, LP assuming the products will just double up for another year is typical.

i know Aaron who runs the race support, Patrick who is in charge of the international purchasing, and the big man Wendel himself, while all of them are cool people their priorities are GSXR's and turn signals :D

that is why people are bashing LP, great people, great intentions, bad follow through. and getting a couple of speedscreens doesnt change that

speaking of screens, do they have the 04 yet?

zx6racer
03-03-2004, 08:50 AM
I thought they where the same :confused:
And yes they have speed screens my pick, the V2

zx6racer
03-03-2004, 08:52 AM
whats so different other than the sticker ??? I have the Akrapovic not the Aprilia one

Thunder Factory
03-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by zx6racer
whats so different other than the sticker ??? I have the Akrapovic not the Aprilia one

I believe that the official Aprilia version was built by Akra to Aprilias specifications while the Akra version is what they designed.

Differences? Who knows! :D

zx6racer
03-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Other than price, Akrapovic $1600 Aprilia/Akrapovic $1800

clarkie49
03-03-2004, 09:21 AM
the 2003 aprilia/akra and akra pipes were quite different,

different header diameters, different tapers, different size end caps etc, i dont knwo which was better but they were definitely different :D

zx6racer
03-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Well I got the Akra Evos But what about the fuel have you ever used one of there systems ???

zx6racer
03-08-2004, 04:41 PM
:bump: