PDA

View Full Version : Baffles in => Map 2 ok?

dallascat
04-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Ok, this may sound like a stupid question, but if I were to put the baffles back into my arrow slip ons, would it (1) affect performance and (2) be a potential cause for issues since I am running with a Map 2?

I have been waking up the neighbors in the last few days and I am considering putting the baffles back in.

thx in advance

Gone_Ape
04-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I've got Leo Ti slips and a PC III and I've played back and forth with the baffles....the motor doesn't like it....the 4500 rpm flat spot returned with a vengence and it seems to stumble around in different spots in the powerband... *sighs*

Haven't left them in longer than 2 weeks cuz it was pissing me off riding around town like that.

pbas
04-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Ok, this may sound like a stupid question, but if I were to put the baffles back into my arrow slip ons, would it (1) affect performance and (2) be a potential cause for issues since I am running with a Map 2?

I have been waking up the neighbors in the last few days and I am considering putting the baffles back in.

thx in advance1. It may affect performance marginally but unless you're
chasing tenths on your daily runs it won't matter.

2. Map2 is an open loop map designed to run without cat's. Baffles in or out
doesn't matter at all.

dallascat
04-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Thank you both... tried on this morning and I could not really detect much of a difference other than loudness. I think with the baffles in is way to quite now. I I'll try to cut the bottom of the baffle to allow more flow and reach a good compromise from a loudness standpoint...

Dan M
04-18-2010, 09:12 AM
I have Leos with baffles in and Map2. Runs great.

RSVRFACTORY
04-18-2010, 03:10 PM
I thought most aftermarket can with the ability to run baffles did not loose out in performance, just noise level. Doesn't the baffle just change how the sound pulse exits the silencer causing the reduction in db level?

harry monk
04-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Putting the baffles in does restrict the gas flow a bit but not as much as standard cans with cats in.
Pbas is right about in his comment 2

dallascat
04-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Well, I think I reached a compromise. I cut of the tips of the baffles allowing more outflow while adding a little more growl and less restriction. I was not able to ride today (54 and rainy in Dallas), so I will have to wait a few days to give it a try. :peace:

Atom
04-19-2010, 12:46 AM

thx in advance

I have the Acrop slip ons from Aprilia and Map 2 on my Factory, no problems. I started with the baffles out, but put them back in to quieter it down and help with the fumes coming out. My mates were complaining about the petrol smell when riding behind, which is usually the case with them...

Less fumes now, and no loss in performance that I can feel. They still have to ride behind me so it seems to be a win-win...