PDA

View Full Version : Puig windscreen

jrflanne
04-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Well then, I and to drop by AF1 last Friday for a clutch reservoir cap, which I replaced with some blingy Rizoma's. But I decided to put the Puig windscreen on. I rode something like 800 miles last weekend and I have to say, the wind protection was a lot better and the screen doesn't look nearly as nerdy as the pics seem to show. No stiff neck and it leaves a pretty nice cocoon of still air. Joe Bob says, check it out! Oh, and don't ask for pics because my bike is completely covered in rain mud and bugs. About 250 of those miles were on a misty, wet, nasty rainy day.

Batfastard
04-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Careful, someone will bump THAT thread :)

jrflanne
04-15-2010, 10:56 AM
I didn't want to be the one to bump THAT thread. Now should we bring up tires or oil?:gunner:

Batfastard
04-15-2010, 11:07 AM
battery charging? :)

jrflanne
04-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Rear brakes?

Batfastard
04-15-2010, 12:13 PM
sprockets?

doozerdave
04-15-2010, 12:19 PM
stators and regulators? ;)

I got a tall Puig too, in dark smoke, and it looks just fine. I haven't had a chance to test it yet because I'm still doing my stator/regulator rework! Stand by for a how-to thread on that one. I should be finished by the weekend.

jrflanne
04-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Heck, my bike started acting up due to an a temporary open wire and the boys at AF1 found the stator was as they said, "the worst we have ever seen." But it charged fine. Replaced under the last day of warranty.

twin4me
04-16-2010, 03:06 AM
jrflanne - You have broken the Aprilia code by starting a NEW windscreen thread. You shall be cast into the pit of darkness and despair henceforth!

(Actually that will just be your Alternator)

jrflanne
04-16-2010, 03:11 AM
jrflanne - You have broken the Aprilia code by starting a NEW windscreen thread. You shall be cast into the pit of darkness and despair henceforth!

(Actually that will just be your Alternator)

I am already a pit of darkness and despair.

Aussie Factory
04-16-2010, 03:50 AM
Well then, I and to drop by AF1 last Friday for a clutch reservoir cap, which I replaced with some blingy Rizoma's. But I decided to put the Puig windscreen on. I rode something like 800 miles last weekend and I have to say, the wind protection was a lot better and the screen doesn't look nearly as nerdy as the pics seem to show. No stiff neck and it leaves a pretty nice cocoon of still air. Joe Bob says, check it out! Oh, and don't ask for pics because my bike is completely covered in rain mud and bugs. About 250 of those miles were on a misty, wet, nasty rainy day.

I love a dirty bike. I want to check out your screen too. Just what I need.:)