PDA

View Full Version : Clutch fluid reservoir cap stolen

jrflanne
04-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Yup. I have a general dislike for humanity in general and I find most people are either stupid or assholes. I get on the T this morning and notice the cap is gone. It dind't vibrate off. Some jerkweed decided to wrap their dickbeaters around it and take it. :gunner:

dallascat
04-08-2010, 06:36 PM
that is low.... vandals:bond:

rayrey
04-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Houston or dallas? my money it was Houston Right. people think if you want it you would have locked it

TenTwelve
04-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Brembo logos are desirable. *shrug*

jrflanne
04-08-2010, 09:25 PM
So, I've duct taped it, and am going to AF1 tomorrow for supplies. Then off to the Hill Country for riding. I'm Ghandi.

jrflanne
04-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Houston or dallas? my money it was Houston Right. people think if you want it you would have locked it

I live in Hosetown. I lived in Dallas for 20 years and you can have that hell hole.

spunant
04-08-2010, 09:29 PM
I thought mine was stolen,until I saw my replacement one vibrate off,even after it was tightened really tight,so now I tape them up to be sure.
Not saying yours was't stolen.

windy
04-09-2010, 02:49 AM
So, I've duct taped it, and am going to AF1 tomorrow for supplies. Then off to the Hill Country for riding. I'm Ghandi.

If you can wait I can mail you one. I've just fitted oberon caps to my T so I have a full set of OE caps doing nothing.

windy

ARAIHEAD
04-09-2010, 03:26 AM
If you can wait I can mail you one. I've just fitted oberon caps to my T so I have a full set of OE caps doing nothing.

windy

Good tip, maybe you should hang onto them for a little while cos when your bike is parked outside my gaff someone is almost sure to nick them!!!!!!! :eek::rolleyes:

PS, Jrflanne, i may have some of them fancy OBERON ones for sale shortly, they'll be cheap.:banana:

jrflanne
04-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Oh, I'm off for a ride so I will stop by AF1 for some farkley things. I might even get some new mirrors.

pdxmille
04-09-2010, 10:12 AM
man, people amaze me sometimes....asshats....

Jupiter
04-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I thought mine was stolen,until I saw my replacement one vibrate off,even after it was tightened really tight,so now I tape them up to be sure.
Not saying yours was't stolen.

Yeah, mine came off, too. The replacement has stayed on, so far.

The shop said that they'd had other people come in looking for new caps after the old ones vibrated off. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that it was stolen, JR.

jrflanne
04-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm sure it didn't vibrate off because it left in a rater sedate riding condition. So... I boogie to AF1 and get some sexy gold Rizoma replacements, include the brake side. Get a Puig windscreen. Get some! did about 300 miles today and no sore neck. Replace my old Akra cans because I didn't fuck them up and wanted something cherry. Finally. Rode with a bunch of British bikers, many who rode monster's. I live monster's. I also apparently shot rocks with several of the group. Sorry about that. Tuono was great on the 3 Twisted Sisters. 800 mile weekend. Again. The Triumph guys ere quite flummoxed about the Tuono. Questions ranged from "WTF is that thing?" to "I have a friend who has an Aprilia scooter." To, "that thing hauls ass."

Gone_Ape
04-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Jr, mine was ripped here in Austin, so it must be a "Texas-wide" cap stealing ring..(Damn R1 owners)....had a fancy billet item on there...this time, I drilled a small hole and safety wired the damn thing on...it's been about 8 months and it's still on there...

dallascat
04-17-2010, 09:24 AM
I'll have to remember not to leave my bike parked outside when I travel to Austin :crowbar:

jrflanne
04-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Jr, mine was ripped here in Austin, so it must be a "Texas-wide" cap stealing ring..(Damn R1 owners)....had a fancy billet item on there...this time, I drilled a small hole and safety wired the damn thing on...it's been about 8 months and it's still on there...

Somebody steals my new blingy ones, I will do the same. Assholes.:devil:

However, I have finally installed my Factory carbon bits and washed the bike. It is looking unusually good today.

roughrider1
04-18-2010, 06:53 PM
My Clutch Fluid reservoir cap vibrated loose on a trackday, and i got covered in fluid. So i'm going to tape it on next time!!