PDA

View Full Version : Rear sets compability

Babelfish
04-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Some very incomplete compability charts at PP tuning so I wonder about this:
Does rearsets for RSV Mille Factory '04 - '05 work on Tuono's >= '06?

jrflanne
04-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I have been told by A One Who Knows (Micah) that the RSV4 rearsets are compatible with the Tuono. In other words, the fucking rear master cylinder gets moved and we should be able to get rear brakes.

Ed / AF1 Racing
04-01-2010, 05:41 PM
I have been told by A One Who Knows (Micah) that the RSV4 rearsets are compatible with the Tuono. In other words, the fucking rear master cylinder gets moved and we should be able to get rear brakes.

not quite that simple....I had a closer look today on that....going to need some custom pieces made for the conversion

Ed / AF1 Racing
04-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Some very incomplete compability charts at PP tuning so I wonder about this:
Does rearsets for RSV Mille Factory '04 - '05 work on Tuono's >= '06?

all 04-09 RSVR and 06-09 Tuono are all the same rearsets and fitments....same parts.

Babelfish
04-02-2010, 03:48 AM
Thanks Ed, just the info I needed. :)

jrflanne
04-02-2010, 06:59 AM
not quite that simple....I had a closer look today on that....going to need some custom pieces made for the conversion

As usual, I talk more shit than a Chinese radio station.

EditTim
04-02-2010, 12:46 PM

Ed, please check up on this. I'm going to order up some rear sets, and there are a few for the RSV4 that I really like. Someone else on this forum did mention that he was able bolt up the stock right rear set from the RSV4 with no issues. He hadn't fitted the master cylinder though. I'd love to get some kind of confirmation either way... :confused:

Stuso
04-02-2010, 05:40 PM
rsv4 rear sets will 'technically' fit because the mounting bolt pattern is the same, but the bits like master cylinder wont fit in with out extra pieces.

EditTim
04-02-2010, 05:47 PM
rsv4 rear sets will 'technically' fit because the mounting bolt pattern is the same, but the bits like master cylinder wont fit in with out extra pieces.

What about using the RSV4 master cylinder (w/ built in reservoir) with it, which had been my plan all along? What other bits are there?

EditTim
04-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Ok, apparently the Rear master cylinder location on the RSV4 rear set hits the swingarm when used on the Tuono. The swingarm on the RSV4 angles in, where the rsvr/Tuono swingarm kinda bows out. Rear sets specifically made for the rsvr/Tuono that re-locate the master cylinder move it up higher to clear the swinger, and include a longer actuator pin to reach. They include Gilles, Sato type 2, Arrow, Aprilia Performance, and a couple others that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Magni Man
04-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I used the woodcraft rearsets on my 2007 Tuono and they worked fine, but the tabs for the belly pan attachment needed to be about 1/2" longer than stock. AF1 made a set of longer tabs for me.