PDA

View Full Version : side stand switch???

adamball
04-01-2010, 01:10 PM
does anyone know what wires i need to join up to get rid of my side stand ? there are 3 wirs but i dont know which ones to bypass so it wont cutout when i put it in first gear and try and pull away any information would be brill cheers adam

agabinet
04-01-2010, 04:21 PM
does anyone know what wires i need to join up to get rid of my side stand ? there are 3 wirs but i dont know which ones to bypass so it wont cutout when i put it in first gear and try and pull away any information would be brill cheers adam

I'm sorry, but doesn't the sidestand switch have its own lead, and if you take the switch off the bike you take the lead and connector off along with it?

adamball
04-01-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm sorry, but doesn't the sidestand switch have its own lead, and if you take the switch off the bike you take the lead and connector off along with it?

well the side stand switch at the end it has a connecter what pushes in to another connecter on the loom but i was wondering if the bike would cut out if i did not bypass the wires somehow if you know what i mean i am no electric expert

DanRS500
04-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Unplug it and see if the bike starts?

Ridge-AU
04-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Join all of them together.

soofle616
04-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Near as I can tell from the wiring diagram you need to jumper the white/black wire to the green/brown one. The third wire goes to the the stand down indicator lamp on the dash and presumably also disables the ignition.