PDA

View Full Version : Time to upgrade the Factory Ohlins suspenders

snormr
04-01-2010, 12:10 AM
I recently purchased my '07 Tuono Factory and as expected, the suspension is too softly sprung for my 220lb (with gear) arse.

Tomorrow the forks and shock will be on their way to Kyle Racing to have the 25mm Ohlins superbike cartridge kit installed with stiffer springs and the shock resprung to match my weight. :banana:

My last Tuono, an '03, was treated to a full Traxxon Dynamics valve/spring/etc. kit in the forks and Sachs shock was replaced with a Penske 8981 and the combination was magic. I expect the same thing from this suspension when I'm done and am looking forward to dialing out the wallowing rear, harshness over bumps, etc. I could never really get to the 30mm of sag I was looking for on the rear and as I approached that, I was pretty deep into the preload -- so until I can get the right springs on both ends, it wasn't even really worth messing much with the rebound and compression. I'll find tune those after I get the stuff bag and get the sag right.

Anyway...attached are a few pictures of the already naked bike that is....well...more naked. Looks rather precarious, but is actually quite stable -- as long as my kids don't carelessly :bump: into it. :)

RSVRFACTORY
04-01-2010, 12:30 AM
looks like a cool project.....I hope nobody hits the garage door opener with the wheels laying againt it!!!

****do I see a baby seat on the back of another bike??

snormr
04-01-2010, 01:01 AM
You're very observant! :) The wheels have already been moved. The small booster seat is for when each of my daughters wants to take turns driving in the Miata. It's sitting on the back of my GS for now. Although I guess it would have made a better story to tell you I fastened the booster to the bike so my kids can ride with me ;)

- rob

mini_me
04-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Looks like a star wars bike....

RSVRFACTORY
04-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Looks like a star wars bike....

ahhh...the Endor Speeder. My Falco/Factory will run like those speeders in the twistys!!

squirrel
04-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Is that a 10ae in the back ground? Looks very much like mine, which is parked next to my 08 factory...both fun rides.

snormr
04-03-2010, 07:26 PM
You guys crack me up. I post pictures of my crazy looking bike w/out wheels or suspension and I get replies back on a baby seat on my BMW and if there is a 10th AE behind it :) But yes, squirrel...that is a 10th AE. Beautiful condition. 43,000 miles. Enclosed a few pictures. I know this is a motorcycle forum...but I couldn't resist. Figured it's a pretty enough car people wouldn't mind ;)

squirrel
04-03-2010, 10:45 PM
She is beautiful. I like the grill, I have been thinking about switching to that one next time I see them on sale. I also have the racing beat double hoop. Mine has 109,000 miles. Hard to beat for a ride if you can't be on the Tuono!