PDA

View Full Version : first miles with new bike

ductale
02-29-2004, 05:23 AM
Read a lot of articles about how to ride a new bike for the first miles. There are a lot of (controversial) oppinions about this and I am not sure yet. Maybe you guys can help me out.

What do you think of this article?

http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Thanks in advance

Ductale

FrogFactory
02-29-2004, 05:47 AM
Hi ductale
Break-in is a controversial issue like "Evo or Renegade ?" .What I know from experience and learning on this forum, is that break-in by the "mototuneusa" method gives instant full power. Breaking in by the book will let the ponies out with time and miles but will prolong the life of the engine. Maybe somebody else has a better explanation than me. Clarkie?
Hope to have been of any help. Enjoy your ride.:banana:

HARDCHARGER
02-29-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by ductale
Read a lot of articles about how to ride a new bike for the first miles. There are a lot of (controversial) oppinions about this and I am not sure yet. Maybe you guys can help me out.

What do you think of this article?

http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Thanks in advance

Ductale

I have been going through the same dilema :confused:

Spring is just around the corner here in North East USA and I will be starting to break the bike . I also read the Moto-tune article and it seems to make sense.

But..... I can't find the post Clarkie says.........

"BEAT IT TILL IT WIMPERS" fangs:

So thats the way I'm going. Clarkie did point out that all bikes are taken to red line in each gear before they leave the factory. So there goes the Moto-Tune Logic. :gunner:

One thing I would reccomend is to change the oil right away.
There were lots of small bits of metal in the filter when I changed it with only 25 miles on the bike.
As for the brand of I'm still on the fence.
I did see in a past report in sport rider that they used Mobil 1 Red Cap on their test Tuono. West Coast boys are going this route also but who knows. Not looking to stir up the oil debate again
Just my 2 cents

:cool: