PDA

View Full Version : 2 wheeled scalpel...

Tifa
03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
...I took the T out for a few miles yesterday PM....talk about clearing the cobwebs??...I can never get over just how precise the thing is, just point it in the general direction, and it always seems to end up exactly where you want it to be....also, I cannot get tired of that motor...into the twisties... leave it in 3rd....and ride it like an automatic...blast from turn to turn......to turn.....awesome...but unfortunately, I seem unable to ride it sensibly or indeed lawfully.

Better still though, I even scored 0 points from a couple on his & hers harleys (hers was a trike)...at a coffee stop several miles up the road, he remarked that his missus said she didn't think much of my riding....now, it could have been one of those "...and then the fight started" scenarios but I was having far too much fun ignoring the koont....:p:

:peace:

Shovelstrokeed
03-15-2010, 06:27 PM
I constantly marvel at the almost telepathic way my T gets down the road. So long as I do my part and stay loose on the bars and get my body positioned more or less right it just seems to go where it is right. Tighten the line a little in a corner to avoid a bump or bit of debris? No problem, it's just there. Hold that apex lean a bit longer to set up for the next turn? Sure, no problem, it knows the turn is there and does what's needed.

I had a better experience with a bunch of HD folks at a bar. They all loved the sound of the Akra exhaust and the Factory paint and carbon fiber had a couple of them drooling. These were not your typical bar to bar pirates though. Hard core bikers who actually do ride everywhere and appreciate a fine motorcycle, no matter the brand.

brandontx
03-15-2010, 09:03 PM
I second this motion. I had cruisers and vintage bikes for a long time and have had my T for a year and an SV for about a year and a half before that. I would ride the SV and it would shake it's head and feel like you just couldn't ride it harder safely. Since getting the T I just get faster and faster each month and this thing just wants more. This is my first real sportbike and I can hardly believe how capable these things are. It's hard to even upset her. You feel like you're leaned over really far but when you feel like you need to tighten your line it just does it. There are a nice set of twisties I found by my house that I have been using to gauge my improvement and over the last three months of just going out there from time to time my corner entry speed has gone from 75 to 100 and I'm convinced I can probably get it to 110. On the SV I could get it to 80 and it would feel totally out of control. I freakin love this bike.

twin4me
03-16-2010, 04:06 AM
You should have told them to stick it up their fat boy arses...

ARAIHEAD
03-16-2010, 04:50 AM
[QUOTE=Tifa;2464759..at a coffee stop several miles up the road, he remarked that his missus said she didn't think much of my riding....now, it could have been one of those "...and then the fight started" scenarios but I was having far too much fun ignoring the koont....:p:

:peace:[/QUOTE]

Feeble excuse, for a soft shite!!!..yer should've punched HER then told the bloke to LEASH HIS BITCH OR HE WOULD GET IT NEXT!!!!!!!:bitchslap

Tifa
03-16-2010, 04:54 AM
Feeble excuse, for a soft shite!!!..yer should've punched HER then told the bloke to LEASH HIS BITCH OR HE WOULD GET IT NEXT!!!!!!!:bitchslap

:worship: :worship: ....spoken like a true diplomat :p: ..I'm sure there's a job at the UN just waiting for you...:p:

FTM
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
at a coffee stop several miles up the road, he remarked that his missus said she didn't think much of my riding....now, it could have been one of those "...and then the fight started" scenarios but I was having far too much fun ignoring the koont....:p:

The correct response should have been "and I don't think much of your ugly missus' big fat arse but I'm too much of a gentleman to say anything".

Aussie Factory
03-16-2010, 05:00 PM
...I took the T out for a few miles yesterday PM....talk about clearing the cobwebs??...I can never get over just how precise the thing is, just point it in the general direction, and it always seems to end up exactly where you want it to be....also, I cannot get tired of that motor...into the twisties... leave it in 3rd....and ride it like an automatic...blast from turn to turn......to turn.....awesome...but unfortunately, I seem unable to ride it sensibly or indeed lawfully.

Better still though, I even scored 0 points from a couple on his & hers harleys (hers was a trike)...at a coffee stop several miles up the road, he remarked that his missus said she didn't think much of my riding....now, it could have been one of those "...and then the fight started" scenarios but I was having far too much fun ignoring the koont....:p:

A trike:lame::lame::bitchslap

OldForger
03-19-2010, 06:11 PM

Better still though, I even scored 0 points from a couple on his & hers harleys (hers was a trike)...at a coffee stop several miles up the road, he remarked that his missus said she didn't think much of my riding....

:WTF: You were lectured by someone who needs three wheels to stay upright ???? ...........

TenTwelve
03-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I can never get over just how precise the thing is, just point it in the general direction, and it always seems to end up exactly where you want it to be

I've only had it 2 days and have only put 60 miles on it but, I swear it reads my mind. :)

Dan M
03-20-2010, 09:16 AM
At least 50% of the bikes around here are Harleys. In the summer they clog up the good country roads like a noisy parade costumes included. Passing them in bunches is most satisfying. I don't think they are ever happy about it but they just fade in the mirrors anyway.

Flying Sumo
03-20-2010, 07:46 PM

Most people who ride a "Hardly Dangerous" are the same, I think it must be because they realise that they have bought the wrong V-Twin! One that does not stop or go or handle and is mainly ridden by chocolate chimney sweeps :spankie:

TenTwelve
03-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Enlighten this Yank please.... "chocolate chimney sweeps"?

Edit: Never mind Urban Dictionary helped me out! :D

Chunkylad
03-20-2010, 09:33 PM
I had one of 'those' rides last Sunday too Tifa. Glancing at the speedo on some of my turn exits had me gobsmacked - it didn't seem that fast orificer, really.....
This was after being held up by a poser on one of those new BMW k1000s thingies, (he was quick, I will admit - in a straight line, that is) and having to chase down the mates through the twisties in between the cane farms south of here.

Brandontx: One of these boys was on an SV1000, and complained bitterly about the headshakes he was getting on this ride. Seems to be getting worse. The Tuono on the other hand, just wanted more, more - faster, faster. What can one do, but oblige?

mbandit14
03-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Also had the Tuono out for a shakedown and gas yesterday.I just love that bike!! Hate to generalize but I guess Hardly Ableson riders are pretty much the same all over : Dicks!! I do agree with Dan m. One of my favorite thing is passing rolling roadblocks. And now with the Tuono they hear me coming and going.:banana:

Flying Sumo
03-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Enlighten this Yank please.... "chocolate chimney sweeps"?

Edit: Never mind Urban Dictionary helped me out! :D

Sorry Bro!

I think you guys call them FAG's

TenTwelve
03-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Sorry Bro!

I think you guys call them FAG's

Yeah, I figured it out :) We don't smoke fags here. I like this "chocolate chimney sweep" term though. lol

jrflanne
03-21-2010, 09:26 PM
One little ocean, so much confusion.

Well, this was the weekend I was to get a new rear tire and rescue the T from estrangement (it's in Fort Worth, I live in Houston, the winter sucks balls). And bleed the $#@%@#$%^ rear brake. Again. And ride the fucker. So yesterday, it's 34F and raining and I have no cold weather gear. It snowed about 2-4" last night where I am staying. I'll be on it Thursday though. Finally. Dammit.

nooner818
03-21-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't think they are ever happy about it but they just fade in the mirrors anyway.

You can see something behind you in the mirrors? :)

By the way...

"Chocolate Chimney Sweeps" That's very polite.

We tend to call them Dick Smokers or But Pirates. South Park has a very good episode about the complex that Harley riders suffer from. Of course, Eric Cartman just calls them Fags.

:rolleyes:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251889/

Nuff' Said.