PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia AF1 125 Sport Pro

JambroGPR
03-01-2010, 04:21 PM
It's my 17th b'day today so I thought I show you guys my new bike (had it since December)...

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9181/img3650m.jpg

What d'ya think? :)

maxiboi247
03-01-2010, 04:30 PM
fuckin hell man rocking horse shit!
does it have the 127 engine?

bourney2007
03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
smart mate!

I'm very surprised actually. No offence but you lads who buy brand spanker 50cc's generally just keep buying new bikes and think anything old is shit...

DanHam
03-02-2010, 07:18 AM
You've had this since December and not posted any pics?!

Wanker :spankie:

DanHam
03-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Only messing mate, looks like a nice bike. More pics please :happy:

When are you going to ride it?

Any plans such as restoration?

JambroGPR
03-02-2010, 11:23 AM

Yeppo, they are pretty rare :)
123 engine I believe, 33bhp :worship:

smart mate!

I'm very surprised actually. No offence but you lads who buy brand spanker 50cc's generally just keep buying new bikes and think anything old is shit...

Cheers mate!
There's no school like the old school ;)

You've had this since December and not posted any pics?!

Wanker :spankie:

Haha, secret ;)

Only messing mate, looks like a nice bike. More pics please :happy:

When are you going to ride it?

Any plans such as restoration?

More pics coming soon!

Had a couple of rides already, hoping to have a proper ride sometime this week! :)

I've taken off the decals (which looked a bit scruffy) and given it a good T-Cut and polish.
Replaced the mirrors (not in pic)

Everything else is pretty good already. There's a scuff on the RH fairing (which you can just about see in the pic) which I may sort out.

I'll wait til next winter before I do a proper restoration, if anything!

Ryan.s
03-02-2010, 12:08 PM
smart mate!

Dont be stereotypical :( sad face

DanHam
03-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Had a couple of rides already, hoping to have a proper ride sometime this week! :)

I've taken off the decals (which looked a bit scruffy) and given it a good T-Cut and polish.
Replaced the mirrors (not in pic)

Everything else is pretty good already. There's a scuff on the RH fairing (which you can just about see in the pic) which I may sort out.

I'll wait til next winter before I do a proper restoration, if anything!

I bet it feels like a power house compared to your 50cc :p:

I bet a good clean would bring that up looking sweet mate, it looks to be in quite good condition as it is.

JambroGPR
03-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Went out for a long ride tonight...

...and bloody hell its quick!!

When it hits the powerband at 7.5k :eek:

Can't wait to ride it tomorrow ;)

Dom.C
03-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Dont be stereotypical :( sad face

I know Bourney, don't be such a wanker :happy:

OP, ignore Dan, he's a farmer.

LOL on a serious note, looks cool mate, get some pictures and some videos!

Aprilia af1
03-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Went out for a long ride tonight...

...and bloody hell its quick!!

When it hits the powerband at 7.5k :eek:

Can't wait to ride it tomorrow ;)

Those sport pros are quick, well quicker than my af1 125 replica due to aprilia or rotax making so many version, uprating the cylinder and ports etc.
Allthough in the end the power slightly decreased.

Very nice bike.
Does it have a 140 rear tyre? if so i wish mine did but they uprated a lot of things for the sport pro and later models.

Aprilia af1
03-05-2010, 02:18 PM

The rotax 127 engine is in the very first af1 125's with 3 spoke wheels and different fairings exposing some of the engine.

The 123 engine i believe came into production on the af1 in 1988 when the sintesi was released.
Many variations of the 123 were produced until they were replaced by the 122 in the late 90's.

Html33
03-05-2010, 05:10 PM
We got a top speed @ red line yet? ;P

DanHam
03-06-2010, 09:41 AM
We got a top speed @ red line yet? ;P

Don't encourage the lad or we could have the first person I know of to loose thier licence.

:p:

JambroGPR
03-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Those sport pros are quick, well quicker than my af1 125 replica due to aprilia or rotax making so many version, uprating the cylinder and ports etc.
Allthough in the end the power slightly decreased.

Very nice bike.
Does it have a 140 rear tyre? if so i wish mine did but they uprated a lot of things for the sport pro and later models.

Cheers mate! :)

It's a 130 rear tyre...

Aprilia af1
03-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Cheers mate! :)

It's a 130 rear tyre...

Ahh same as mine then.
I'm pretty sure a 140 will fit, i've read before that this was standard for the sport pro due to the bulge in the swingarm being increased.

thedjsnow
05-02-2010, 02:55 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/xop087.jpg

This was my 125 nearly 10 years ago. Unfortunately, that makes it pre-digital camera era, so I have barely any photos of it durin the build.

It was smashed up on both sides, fairings removed and smashed up again...

HAd all the fairings re-worked and painted yamaha DPBMC (deep-purplish-blue-metallic-cocktail) I loved building it, but wasn't a fan of riding it...

Went like the proverbial off of a greased up shovel... I assume it had the 127 engine? it was I think 1988, (E-reg) but it was an import, had real trouble registering it as no-one could date it. Had a steel frame, they guys at our local shop said that only the 50's had steel frames (trust me, it's not a 50, get on and ride!)

Anyway, was my only sportsbike, I have a had several enduros since, and hornet now to give me the buzz on tarmac. ~

Just thought it was an image of a bike you guys wont see many of. It was white and navy blue with pink stripes like this

http://hyperinzerce.cz/x-cz/inz/2325/2325686-aprilia-af1-125-ccm-3.jpg

Aprilia af1
05-02-2010, 08:14 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/xop087.jpg

This was my 125 nearly 10 years ago. Unfortunately, that makes it pre-digital camera era, so I have barely any photos of it durin the build.

It was smashed up on both sides, fairings removed and smashed up again...

HAd all the fairings re-worked and painted yamaha DPBMC (deep-purplish-blue-metallic-cocktail) I loved building it, but wasn't a fan of riding it...

Went like the proverbial off of a greased up shovel... I assume it had the 127 engine? it was I think 1988, (E-reg) but it was an import, had real trouble registering it as no-one could date it. Had a steel frame, they guys at our local shop said that only the 50's had steel frames (trust me, it's not a 50, get on and ride!)

Anyway, was my only sportsbike, I have a had several enduros since, and hornet now to give me the buzz on tarmac. ~

Just thought it was an image of a bike you guys wont see many of. It was white and navy blue with pink stripes like this

http://hyperinzerce.cz/x-cz/inz/2325/2325686-aprilia-af1-125-ccm-3.jpg

Nice looking bikes, they were the very first af1's with as you said the rotax 127 and pneumatic power valve. E reg would've been 1987 F reg is 1988 i think because in 1988 the replica/ sintesi came out with the rotax 123 engine, different fairings and frame etc. (Same shape as mine). My af1 50 is an import and i had to get it registered by the frame number and mot'ed with it too. Then had to go somewhere to get it all looked over etc.
I think that yours pictured may have had a steel frame, But i've heard that all af1's have steel frames. Definately the back seat unit framework is steel on my af1 125 but i think the frame is aluminium. My af1 50 is steel because it's rusty ( But my 50 has the same frame as a 1998 rs50 which i've never seen on other af1's)

andy_edw
06-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Thats looks EVIL,very nicee!

Dom.C
06-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Can I ask if you could start your own thread 125fighterz. You've got the OP's project, tyre questions and you're project all going on in 1 thread.

domotorpeti
07-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi All!

I have a nice AF1 125, powered with a Rotax 127 engine, in Hungary.
The igniton (exactly: the stator) went wrong, because
the previous owner tried to pull down the flywheel wrong,
and crashed the stator, so it wont work anymore.. :(

I ordered an another, but I cannot buy a stator for Rotax 127, so I bought
a stator for the 123 engine.

It seemed that it fits good, I built in. But the bike doesnt start...
This makes spark, but I dont know that it is in the right time, or it is not.

(my stator is a NOT-SCALED version, for the VARIABLE Rotax 123 igniton,
but my flywheel and my igniton coil is for the SCALED, NON-VARIABLE Rotax
127 igniton...)

Please help my, I tried almost everything, but this isn't gonna work...

Peter