PDA

View Full Version : RS125 giannelli exhaust

maxiboi247
02-23-2010, 05:54 PM
you may wonder why im advertising this here in the 50 section, but who gives a fuck. lol
you may know someone who wants a new exhaust.

pipes all good, just surface rust on the ''header'' bit.
comes with can strap and the stub that goes on the cylinder
http://i49.tinypic.com/2we013r.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/15dwetu.jpg

offers on price

cheers
max

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Hmmmm, very timely ad. No idea how much they are new, How much use has it had?

maxiboi247
02-24-2010, 04:43 AM
they're about 230-+.
ive had it about a year and had it fitted for about 8-ish months.
no use for it now though lol, unless i can fit it to my xl125?? lol

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 05:06 AM
You have a sum of money in mind at all? I've seen some on fleabay at 229 now I've looked. You're handy for a pickup too, I am near Dorking.

maxiboi247
02-24-2010, 05:33 AM
i was thinking about 100 so i dont loose too much money on it.
the endcan is a tad ''loud'' lol, thats due to there not being any wadding in it, i might be able to re-pack it if i can find some rivets:)

DanHam
02-24-2010, 05:35 AM
loud and proud FTW!

Good Luck Mr Max :happy:

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 05:50 AM
Just another little thing, 100 sounds good BTW, you wouldn't happen to know if the stock silencer fits? I have a carbon can here that might a) be quieter and b) is kite marked and stamped 'Aprilia' for MOT and old bill purposes. It's not all that quiet, it came off my 250 before I fitted the tygas.

70RSMAT
02-24-2010, 06:21 AM
stock silencer fits arrow pipes, and the gianelli is the same so it should do :)

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 06:47 AM
stock silencer fits arrow pipes, and the gianelli is the same so it should do :)

Thanks mate. Basically, it's quicker, better, and less hassle than de-catting the std pipe for me than. Our 2008 bike just lacks a little edge that my 1999 one has.

Dom.C
02-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Go on Geezer, snap it up :happy:

Max you have an XL125 now?

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Go on Geezer, snap it up :happy:

Max you have an XL125 now?

I think I just might:) You OK with that, Maxiboi? I can zip over to Bracknell on the 250 sometime soon. You may kiss my RS if you wish to:p:

Dom.C
02-24-2010, 07:43 AM
I think I just might:) You OK with that, Maxiboi? I can zip over to Bracknell on the 250 sometime soon. You may kiss my RS if you wish to:p:

How you going to carry it home lol?

maxiboi247
02-24-2010, 08:01 AM
lol yep stock can fits like normal, giannelli can has an ''e'' mark so its legal.
YES come over on the 250 please! please!!

yer dom ive had an xl125 for like 8 years PURE BEASTY (1985) 4 STROKE 125 POWAH!

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 08:22 AM

Ain't you heard of bungies, boy? Easy peasy.

bourney2007
02-24-2010, 08:39 AM

6 cable ties tied together.

Put exhaust on your back, wrap the cable ties around, tighten them up :D
Job done lol

Dom.C
02-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Ain't you heard of bungies, boy? Easy peasy.

Ahh ok, fair enough.

Get a video of the 250 leaving Max, with Geezer's permission of course.

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 08:52 AM
He can video my RS if it turns him on.

maxiboi247
02-24-2010, 09:18 AM
get a video of me riding the rs? lol

bourney2007
02-24-2010, 09:21 AM
get a video of me riding the rs? lol

haha you wish.

maxiboi247
02-24-2010, 09:41 AM
haha you wish.

yes i bloody do wish lmfao!

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 09:49 AM
yes i bloody do wish lmfao!

Hmmm, I'd have to think about that one! It's a bit like asking my daughter out. Mind you, she can look after herself. One of her pithy comments is usually enough to put a man off his stroke. The RS is a more delicate flower.

maxiboi247
02-24-2010, 10:01 AM
ahh yes sir boss sir.
soo giannelli pipe for young geezer's rs then?

maxiboi247
02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/rsyhj7.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2hscb9d.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/29moju1.jpg

couple more pics whilst i was in the garage

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Cheers mate, consider the deal done. Are you in during the day at all, or is it eves and weekends? Answer by PM if you prefer on that one, I wouldn't broadcast that.

maxiboi247
02-24-2010, 12:38 PM
ahh cool, yep im in most the time, the joys of being unemployed:(

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 01:30 PM
ahh cool, yep im in most the time, the joys of being unemployed:(

Shit. Well, I'll come as soon as the weather is not utter crap then. My gloves are on the radiator, boots and jacket in the airing cupboard:crybaby: Slightly less shit tomorrow as it goes, mid morning is possible for me.

maxiboi247
02-24-2010, 01:35 PM
ohhh:( weather today has been anoying, starts off with rain then it clears up, nice and sunny, then rain, gay.....
i'll pm you my address and number so you can txt/ring me if your coming.
:)

Old Geezer
02-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Lovely. Fingers crossed, I will come. Got to drop some stuff in Cobham, which leaves me close to the M25.

mcglynn
02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
i think with him seling you under half price, he shouldrecieve a go on the 2fiddy.

Dom.C
02-24-2010, 04:19 PM
i think with him seling you under half price, he shouldrecieve a go on the 2fiddy.

Definitely not worthy lol.

Old Geezer
02-25-2010, 11:20 AM
What a pleasant ride. I've had drier scuba dives. It pissed with rain from the moment I left. Gloves back on the radiator, water wicking up my sleeves, my clean RS filthy again. But I did see maxboi, and did pick up a very good condition Gianelli pipe, thank you!

DanHam
02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
What a pleasant ride. I've had drier scuba dives. It pissed with rain from the moment I left. Gloves back on the radiator, water wicking up my sleeves, my clean RS filthy again. But I did see maxboi, and did pick up a very good condition Gianelli pipe, thank you!

Is he really the horrible person that he actually looks? :p: :kidding:

Water up the sleeves is the worst thing ever, I'll never forget the first time it happened to me, it was the same night as when Cumbria needed a replica of a Noah's Ark to get the out lol. There was a cue of traffic, I was riding in the middle of the road and every car in front of me kept pulling over so I was the one in front. Man I was in a bad mood, then I got back to the shitty comment of 'Your not coming in the house or putting them on the radiator' :crowbar: I just had to walk away.

maxiboi247
02-25-2010, 01:34 PM
i did proper piss down after you left :(
pleasure doing business with you mate:)
a pic from today
http://i47.tinypic.com/wunq7c.jpg
sex on wheels :D

DanHam
02-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Drool!!!!!!!!

Bring me the pipes so I can give them some loveee please :)

Also, what is the slit in the L of 'Aprilia' is it a cut to fit around the fairing?

Old Geezer
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
The slit is trailer damage, track days. The pipes, yeah, they are nearly new too. The clear coating is shite. Fortunatley I have a friend in North Wales, a Guzzi California owner as it happens, who does soda and CO2 blasting, so various bits of the bike are going to have his TLC, followed by a full repaint by my brother in law, who si a vehicle refinisher by trade, and very talented and also into bikes. It'san everyday bike to me, so a little wear and tear is inevitable. It will be restored though. The motor is lovely, still as crisp as new.

DanHam
02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
The slit is trailer damage, track days. The pipes, yeah, they are nearly new too. The clear coating is shite. Fortunatley I have a friend in North Wales, a Guzzi California owner as it happens, who does soda and CO2 blasting, so various bits of the bike are going to have his TLC, followed by a full repaint by my brother in law, who si a vehicle refinisher by trade, and very talented and also into bikes. It'san everyday bike to me, so a little wear and tear is inevitable. It will be restored though. The motor is lovely, still as crisp as new.

North Wales? Where abouts?
Well as you said getting marks like that on an everyday bike is not an option. I find it even hard not finding / achieving any bloody marks when the bike is stood up!
Are you spraying it the same colours? It already looks a fairly clean bike from what I can see from the pictures. Does ACF50 not slow down the corosion of the pipes? The clear coating is probably not very good as over in Thailand (where the pipes are made) they probably use very little salt if any just like the Japanese. Then they use that crap on out roads which eats away at our pride and joys.

Do you have any further modifications planned for it?

Old Geezer
02-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Not planning any mods apart from as near blueprint as I can get. My mate, Colwyn Bay. He'd like any cleaning work he can get, he mostly strips antifouling from yachts, and does country houses and architectural stuff. Bike and car bits smooth the cash flow. Soda blasting can strip paint from polished alloy and leave the alloy surface, highly suitable for bikes, engine parts etc. It'll also take the paint off glassfibre and plastic without surface damage. Useful stuff.

Dom.C
02-25-2010, 02:58 PM
LOL Dan at the Noah's Ark comment.

Very nice Old Geezer, good luck with the plans.

DanHam
02-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Not planning any mods apart from as near blueprint as I can get. My mate, Colwyn Bay. He'd like any cleaning work he can get, he mostly strips antifouling from yachts, and does country houses and architectural stuff. Bike and car bits smooth the cash flow. Soda blasting can strip paint from polished alloy and leave the alloy surface, highly suitable for bikes, engine parts etc. It'll also take the paint off glassfibre and plastic without surface damage. Useful stuff.

Now thats quite something handy to be able to have. They should bring them pipes up a treat. Colwyn Bay, not to far from me either.

Old Geezer
02-27-2010, 02:56 AM
He's planning on a 'by mail' service for bike parts, or of course in person. Nice chap, I've known him 32 years. His only character flaw is buying his son a Kinroad. God knows, I tried....

Dom.C
02-27-2010, 05:52 AM
He's planning on a 'by mail' service for bike parts, or of course in person. Nice chap, I've known him 32 years. His only character flaw is buying his son a Kinroad. God knows, I tried....

Lol as in one of those Chinky bikes?

DanHam
02-27-2010, 07:27 AM

Could be quite a useful guy to know for future references for any car / bike bits for myself :) I'll let you know if I need to get in touch with him for anything.

Kinroad, ohh dear. Shame he didn't purchase that RS50 you have sat up in the garage.

Old Geezer
02-27-2010, 01:51 PM
LOL, yes it is. Back on topic for a moment, I fitted the Gianelli, including it's 'silencer'.... I was moved to swear, and I'm not a profane person by nature. I do comedy swearing, my guys laugh, cos I talk very posh, like, and apparently it's hilarious when I get cross! But I swore when I started the bike, but nobody heard. It is LOUD AS FUCK, grotesquely illegal, truly horriffic. I would give me a splitting headache after 10 minutes of riding, twice as loud as the tygas on the 250, I could not believe it. No worries though, cos I have a carbon can off the 250 std pipes. I whipped that on, and it had a harder edge to it than previously, but well inside the acceptable range. Now to the juicy bit. The restriction in the 125 is in 4 main areas; intake trumpet, half is blanked. CDI retards the ignition to the point of futility at 8k, no power valve, and there's such a lot of stuff, catalyser etc inside the exhaust, it's like having a banana up your tailpipe. The thing is scalding now, a step at just under 6k, then a sort of horsepower honk at 8k, complete with chunky bits. Lovely. Young geezer is grinning all over his face.

maxiboi247
02-27-2010, 01:58 PM
:plus: HAHA!!
told you it was loud, get a vid, or sound clip with the 250 end can on please:D

Old Geezer
02-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Sure, I'll get one of my technophile kids to do it. Sounds OK, not loud, but a proper 2 stroke crackle.

maxiboi247
02-27-2010, 05:49 PM
awesome mate, love the 2 stroke crackle :P