PDA

View Full Version : may be of interest..

mcglynn
02-01-2010, 03:52 PM
well yeah, gonna blab on about my bike..

last week as you'se might know, ilost my slide while cleaning my carb in my very messy shed, so i ordered a new one and its on its way (7-10 working days) so the bike should be running again next week.

I have a new Iris RXP chain on the way, new plug, oils and coolant going are all going in the engine.

Plans at the minute, are that the bike is getting brought to a mates garage in the next 3-4 weeks, checking the engine condition -> small end bearings, big end bearings, barrell condition etc (hoping to god there's no unnessecary wear/play)

It's also getting stripped to the bare frame, which should be f a fun job..
uncle's on site for 3-4 weeks, when hes back he's taking some bits into work for me....

swinger, subframe, cradle frame, top yoke (perhaps fork legs, i'll just mask the stanchions), rear sets etc all going in for powder coating.

- fork legs, cradle, subframe, top yoke = black as standard.

- swingarm, rear sets, and any other parts to match them = silver/grey (as close to the original colour as possible.

i'll be uploading pictures as it gets stripped down, unfortunately i can't afford to do a bottom end rebuild yet, and im praying its all good. I also can't afford to get the fairings resprayed, so they will be letting the bike down a bit, but at least i will know all the main bolts are tight, wirings good etc (all mechanical bits are doing their job)

Then hopefully towards the summer if i have a job, it will be getting a full engine rebuild and fairing work/respray.

i'll maybe put up a project thread if i get some good pictures/time.

Thanks

dan kerson
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Lost your slide??????????? WTF man its right where you left it. It will turn up after you get things back together and move the bike. LOL thats always the funny part.

Dom.C
02-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Lost your slide??????????? WTF man its right where you left it. It will turn up after you get things back together and move the bike. LOL thats always the funny part.

LOL true.

DanHam
02-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Nice, get plenty of pics.

mcglynn
02-02-2010, 02:47 PM
as i explained a few weeks ago, my shed is a mess, and i mean A MESS!.. lol and under the snow of the bike picture from the other thread, is stones, so not really appropriate for cleaning/stripping unfortunately :(

the sheds mess is also the main reason the bikes been sat doing nothing, except collecting rust for the last while, it got stored in the shed when i was riding it (only at night though)

I ordered a new slide, and like you say, the new one will turn up when the old one is in.

sickener but what can you do lol

so the bits bought so far are:

- New Iris RXP pro chain, its an iris on the bike atm, and they've been swore by as of a few people i know.
- New slide

to get:

new coolant
new oil
and perhaps, new brake fluid

MrBatty1
02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Mate where u getting ur chain from ?

mcglynn
02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
ebay, very cheap!

i'll send you the link if you like?
i offered the guy a 10'er plus 5 postage and he agreed, want the link?

MrBatty1
02-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah mate top notch :)

have u got any sprocket links while ur at it ?

mcglynn
02-02-2010, 03:48 PM
havent got sprocket links no, the sprocket on my bike had just been replaced when i bought it.
20 quid it cost the fella (load of reciepts i was given)

ehm, heres the link to the chain... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120522628743&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

sprocket... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rear-Sprocket-Aprilia-RS-50-rs50-5-bolt-hole-47-tooth_W0QQitemZ270512217513QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_M otorcycle_Parts?hash=item3efbc8dda9

MrBatty1
02-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Cheers Mate

mcglynn
02-02-2010, 04:08 PM
no problem, i'll make a new thread when i get it started on it..