PDA

View Full Version : Givi?

milkypete
01-30-2010, 04:31 PM
It sounds like there are a few different European brands that make competent luggage for the Tuono. none seem to be carried by my local dealers, though. I do see a lot of GIVI cases, locally. Has anyone tried to mount the monolock or monokey cases on a Tuono?

RosscoB
01-31-2010, 09:46 AM
I've mounted one on my RSVR. I bought a used rear seat and mounting the Givi directly to it.

milkypete
01-31-2010, 10:01 AM
good idea. I love my Tuono, but I'm learning that the price you pay for exclusivity is how hard it is to find used parts for a job like this. If I'd just bought a ducati or triumph, I would tripping over $20 used seats.

J.R. Bob Dobbs
01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
I had a givi case from a previous bike, loved it and made the bike much more practical. I decided to buy a spare Tuono seat, a Givi adapter plate, and mount the plate to the seat. Bottom line, after some mock-up fitting, I decided the case on the bike would make it impossible to throw my leg over, so I sold the case (still have the adapter if anybody is interested).

I bought a Joe Rocket small pack for the rear seat. I have trouble throwing my leg over even that so it rarely gets used, the stock plastic cowl is usually in place on the rear.

jrflanne
01-31-2010, 11:44 AM
I have a Cortech tail sack and some throw over soft bags. I was worried about them interfering with the pipes but although they rub a bit, they don't get all that hot. Works ok but still doesn't hold enough stuff for a weeks worth of clothes, laptop, drugs, etc. So I am pretty stuck doing my work commute (300 miles) on the old Capo. Oh well, there are much worse things.

Shovelstrokeed
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Another alternative is the Givi Voyager tail trunk. I use one on mine quite a bit. In fact, it and a tank bag are all I need for a week or so's worth of touring/sightseeing. I only need a couple of shirts, a couple pairs of undies and a couple of socks as all my stuff is synthetic and will dry overnight after a wash in a hotel sink using Woolite. It can be a bit of a pain to throw a leg over when expanded but if you lead with your knee instead of your foot, it is doable.

On a more extended ride with, perhaps the need for some business casual clothing, I had been using a Bags Connection bag on the rear. Much larger and can hold lots more stuff. Mine shifted on me due to a loose tie and I burned a big hole in it so I don't use it anymore. Besides, for serious long distance/long time stuff, I have a Triumph Sprint 1050 with 2 Givi E41's on the sides and an E46 atop. I have been gone for months with that setup.