PDA

View Full Version : '04 RSVR red PPG color match

Aprilia94
02-25-2004, 12:07 AM
It's not exact, like for a showbike...but if you want your race bodywork to be pretty damn close to the stock red tank you can use the PPG code 77963. At least that's the code I got at the local Auto body paint supply. We used the little scanner gadget they use to color match...I had the tank in hand. It took about a 1/2 hour to come up with a match. The computer did not want to recognize it because it is such a bright red. As it turns out, the mix is from a Volkswagen color and there is actually more orange in the mix than the base red. Comes out real close...and I'm sure I'll be pitching it away within the next few months anyway.
http://homepage.mac.com/moscariello/.Pictures/RSVR/LesRSVRa.jpg

lunchbox
02-25-2004, 12:18 AM
nice ride man:burnout:

Rutan
02-25-2004, 02:22 AM
I'll be ordering some of that paint to see what happens. I'll let my wife play with the paint at the store to see if she can get it closer. She's good at getting colors to match up exactly. It's nice now, but was hell for the wedding.

Marcus

milleman
02-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Marcus, I need the silver color also!

BTW I LIKE THE RED STRIPES ON THE WHEELS

Rutan
02-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Ok, sounds like I have a new project. All I need to find is a place with a color eye, and the wife will do the rest. She likes to help out with things on the bike as long as she has to do no true work or get dirty.

Marcus