PDA

View Full Version : How many people have kept or keeping there first bike?

Rs502000
01-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Just wondering as im going to keep mine as ive got the room and the money, no need to sell after all :) might aswell keep the memory just curious to see anyone else that kept theres? Might seem pointless to some people after all

Dom.C
01-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Just wondering as im going to keep mine as ive got the room and the money, no need to sell after all :) might aswell keep the memory just curious to see anyone else that kept theres? Might seem pointless to some people after all

No, I wouldn't want to and I had no reason to.

DanHam
01-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I was sad to see mine go, however I was even more sad to see it put down the road 3 times and have to rebuilt 2 months after I sold it. I really couldn't give a toss anymore so long as I have my new one to ride :)

wrx_02
01-28-2010, 04:49 PM
I wanted to but the grass was greener on the other side :D so I had to trade up.

Rs502000
01-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I wanted to but the grass was greener on the other side :D so I had to trade up.

Aw blesh lol! i mean i hant got a reason to sell dont need to so gonna keeeeep her (:

Rs502000
01-28-2010, 04:53 PM
I was sad to see mine go, however I was even more sad to see it put down the road 3 times and have to rebuilt 2 months after I sold it. I really couldn't give a toss anymore so long as I have my new one to ride :)

thats gotta suck the guy i brought my bike off really miss-treated mine lol when i got it it had about 3 bolts on each fairing panel lol missing bits crappy rim tape ect but i made it look respectable again (: i wud hate to see some one wreck it like urs :(

newbybiker
01-28-2010, 05:02 PM
can't get rid of mine fast enough.

DanHam
01-28-2010, 05:12 PM

:funnypost

wrx_02
01-28-2010, 05:13 PM

When your legs get longer you will find something faster :happy:

Dom.C
01-28-2010, 05:23 PM

What a blithering idiot :happy:

LMFAO!

newbybiker
01-28-2010, 05:23 PM
When your legs get longer you will find something faster :happy:

lmao,or when my wallet gets fatter.

already 6ft :P

JambroGPR
01-28-2010, 05:27 PM

haha

Isn't yours brand new?

DanHam
01-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I know the feeling of what its like to wish to be 17, its such a good feeling to finally get on a 125 or something larger :happy:

newbybiker
01-28-2010, 05:31 PM
haha

Isn't yours brand new?

i wish,bloody 00' one,best i could afford.

125 will be alot newer though :)

-CON-
01-28-2010, 11:03 PM
I my first bike was 12 years ago, it had only two speeds and one of them only worked ! So NO!

Old Geezer
01-29-2010, 02:46 AM
Young geezer's RS50 is still in the garage. Must do something about that.

s_gogos
01-29-2010, 03:20 AM
I love my bikes!!!That's why i bought them...I never want to see someone else to ride them...:lover:

bhinso
01-29-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm still on my (second) KMX. Had to sell the first one to fund uni.
I'm a bit of a hoarder, but seriously can't bear to get rid of it. I've had nightmares sometimes when I've sold it lol.
Didn't realise there was a 'young geezer' as well as an 'old geezer' lol

Dom.C
01-29-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm still on my (second) KMX. Had to sell the first one to fund uni.
I'm a bit of a hoarder, but seriously can't bear to get rid of it. I've had nightmares sometimes when I've sold it lol.
Didn't realise there was a 'young geezer' as well as an 'old geezer' lol

Better hang on to it if you're getting nightmares lol.

Young Geezer pops on occasionally I think.

Old Geezer
01-29-2010, 12:01 PM
There's a young geezerette as well, who has put in an appearance on one memorable occasion.:)

Dom.C
01-29-2010, 12:07 PM
There's a young geezerette as well, who has put in an appearance on one memorable occasion.:)

LOL remind me Geezer?

Old Geezer
01-29-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162204&page=4&highlight=lacrosse
Gunshow insulted Young Geezerette, she popped on to tell him what she thought.

williamr
01-29-2010, 12:26 PM
I bitterly regret not keeping my first 2 bikes. One was a DOT with the Villiers 250 Starmaker engine, the second was a Royal Enfield Turbo Twin with the Villers 4T engine. Only 60 were ever made.

I can't really see the RS50 being a classic in another 40 years though.

Rob

Dom.C
01-29-2010, 12:38 PM
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162204&page=4&highlight=lacrosse
Gunshow insulted Young Geezerette, she popped on to tell him what she thought.

LOL :happy:

I pissed myself when I read Bourney's post (#55).

Dom.C
01-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Check post #43 as well.

Rs502000
01-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Check post #43 as well.

check out post #42 by Gunshow9592 : i have had more pussy, than you have had hot dinners.

LMAO :happy:

Old Geezer
01-29-2010, 02:14 PM
I bitterly regret not keeping my first 2 bikes. One was a DOT with the Villiers 250 Starmaker engine, the second was a Royal Enfield Turbo Twin with the Villers 4T engine. Only 60 were ever made.

I can't really see the RS50 being a classic in another 40 years though.

Rob

No, you're right, though they may have rarity value. I plan on keeping my RS250 till I need to sell it to fund my care home, and wish I'd kept my 400/4. Maybe my Jota, but that one was a bastard to ride, being honest, so maybe not.

DanHam
01-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Hold on, I'm confused. Is young geezer, Luigi?

maxiboi247
01-29-2010, 05:49 PM
no dan

Good morning Mr Gunshow. Read your ramblings, here's a link to a lady who is able to sum it all up for me. http://monkeymucker.blogspot.com/2007/05/hey-condi.html
Luv, Lizzy.

i didnt have my rs50 for that long, because it was shit now have the 125 and i actualy still like it, unlike the rs50 which i hated after 5 months of ownership

Aprilia af1
01-29-2010, 06:34 PM

I have kept my aprilia af1 50 along with a lot of tuning parts and spares etc.
And i don't plan on selling it for a number of years due to it being very rare in it's colours and with the engine i have in it.

I also have an aprilia af1 125 with a fair few spares too. I also don't want to sell it, just because i have done a fair bit of work on it and these bikes are hard to get hold of.

Unfortunately i don't ride them anymore, mainly because the insurance has ran out and i own a car, which with the colder weather is a lot better.

Chris_br
01-29-2010, 09:32 PM
I have kept my aprilia af1 50 along with a lot of tuning parts and spares etc.
And i don't plan on selling it for a number of years due to it being very rare in it's colours and with the engine i have in it.

I also have an aprilia af1 125 with a fair few spares too. I also don't want to sell it, just because i have done a fair bit of work on it and these bikes are hard to get hold of.

Unfortunately i don't ride them anymore, mainly because the insurance has ran out and i own a car, which with the colder weather is a lot better.

Pics Please

My first was an 85 vf500 interceptor.. Money pit that I sold 3 weeks after..

I plan on keeping the rs50.. Just need to find garage space..
Ive been drooling over 2nd gen sv650's lately

bourney2007
01-30-2010, 10:54 AM

Never kept a bike for longer than a year.

Not on the road at least. Had the derbi before i was 16, rode it until i was 17 and left it in the garage for a few months. MOT'd it and sold it.

The 125 will be up for sale in april aswell when the insurance ends.

No point in keeping a bike for no reason at all, seems stupid to me.

You wouldn't really want to be insuring 2 bikes (especailly as your no claims can only be used on 1 policy at a time) and it's expensive to just have sitting in the garage.

I think of it this way. Imagine your bike sitting in the garage is call it 800 in cash. Every week/month or so some of that money floats away.
Thats excatly whats happening to your bike. The longer it sits the less it'll be worth.
It'll be aging and rusting. Vehicles never gain (and rarely hold) value, unless they're classical of course.

DanHam
01-31-2010, 09:42 AM
I was thinking maybe if I sell my bike that it would be an idea to get some crummy 50cc, insure it TPO and then when I come to get a new bike I will have myself some NCD :D

Actually is this illegal?

Aprilia af1
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Pics Please

My first was an 85 vf500 interceptor.. Money pit that I sold 3 weeks after..

I plan on keeping the rs50.. Just need to find garage space..
Ive been drooling over 2nd gen sv650's lately

I have pics in my avatar and in my sig of the af1 125 and af1 50.

bourney2007
01-31-2010, 02:05 PM
I was thinking maybe if I sell my bike that it would be an idea to get some crummy 50cc, insure it TPO and then when I come to get a new bike I will have myself some NCD :D

Actually is this illegal?

Yeah of course it's legal.

Seems quite pointless though. Say the insurance will cost you 180 per year. So you build up 2 years NCD by the time you want another bike.
Your insurance won't be 380 cheaper because you have 2 years NCD.... surely?

Unless of course you intend on using the 50cc??

Still selling the viffer then mate?

DanHam
01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah of course it's legal.

Seems quite pointless though. Say the insurance will cost you 180 per year. So you build up 2 years NCD by the time you want another bike.
Your insurance won't be 380 cheaper because you have 2 years NCD.... surely?

Unless of course you intend on using the 50cc??

Still selling the viffer then mate?

Hmm, I suppose your right, I'll see what the funds say.

I was hoping not to be able to sell my bike, but I'm going to have to :o I won't be able to keep a bike and car on the road.

bourney2007
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Hmm, I suppose your right, I'll see what the funds say.

I was hoping not to be able to sell my bike, but I'm going to have to :o I won't be able to keep a bike and car on the road.

Shame mate :(

come on i've not seen any pics of this festa yet :pics:

:D

DanHam
02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Shame mate :(

come on i've not seen any pics of this festa yet :pics:

:D

Yeah I'm gutted, I have 3 people interested in it. One bloke from London, another who wants to come see it in about a week as thats only when he can get here and another bloke whos getting in touch for a viewing :)

Need to give the fucker a clean.

Ahaha, you know me, I need to give it a clean before I take pics, I'll clean it on the weekend then get some pics up :)

bourney2007
02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Yeah I'm gutted, I have 3 people interested in it. One bloke from London, another who wants to come see it in about a week as thats only when he can get here and another bloke whos getting in touch for a viewing :)

Need to give the fucker a clean.

Ahaha, you know me, I need to give it a clean before I take pics, I'll clean it on the weekend then get some pics up :)

Oh god... it hasn't got a spec of dust under the dust cap has it?? LOOLL

Messing mate. Come on then, get her cleaned! we need pics dan! :D

DanHam
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Oh god... it hasn't got a spec of dust under the dust cap has it?? LOOLL

Messing mate. Come on then, get her cleaned! we need pics dan! :D

Haha you cheeky fucker ;)

Naa its covered in shit, all these country roads :eek:

I'll get it cleaned on the weekend, hopefully this rain will fuck off and I'll get the wax out :happy: