PDA

View Full Version : Brand New 07.5 Tuono only runs on 1 cylinder?????

A line
01-27-2010, 01:35 AM
I have it at the ducati shop and they have 1 hour into it and haven't figured it out. I'm getting ready to send it down to an authorized aprilia dealer to get fixed under warranty.

Any ideas before I send it down and lose it for another week?? It's brand new BUT has been sitting for a couple of years. Thanks!!!

GreaseSnake
01-27-2010, 02:09 AM
I have it at the ducati shop and they have 1 hour into it and haven't figured it out. I'm getting ready to send it down to an authorized aprilia dealer to get fixed under warranty.

Any ideas before I send it down and lose it for another week?? It's brand new BUT has been sitting for a couple of years. Thanks!!!

Spark plug wet/spells of gasonline ; No spark
Check coil connection, plug wires, plug

Spark plug dry; No fuel
Check injector, cable to injector.

How to figure out wich cylinder not running;

The one with cold front exhaust pipe...

TuonoNewbie
01-27-2010, 02:45 AM
I had this on mine, turned out to be one of the coil packs. HTH

Gabro
01-31-2010, 01:25 AM
check if you get spark, if not the causes are 20% coil pack, 80% ECU
:crybaby:

Keep us posted!

A line
02-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Problem fixed, hopefully.

After checking everything possible the dealer re-loaded/downloaded the software and now it runs perfect!!!!!

It was actually running on both cylinders but missing so bad it was hard to tell one of them was running. Thanks for the tips !

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
You have very dirty fuel injectors, this is common on late model bikes left sitting, either replace them or get them cleaned, there may be a few other issues too, make sure the Recall on the fuel pump assy is done and done properly, hell do it yourself if you feel you can.

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
This is a set of truly "new" injectors vs a set of a injectors from a bike we bought that had been warehoused for a while...2 years to be closer to exact.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117713&stc=1&d=1254317801

Gabro
02-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Micah, is it due to the fuel you have in the US?!?
in europre (Italy) i've only seen very little fuel injector clogged over the last 10years... very far to be an issue.

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-04-2010, 09:38 AM
It has a lot to do with our fuel, I replaced 6 injectors last year, all looked very similar. Our fuel is pure crap compared to what the EU gets, with LOTS of ethanol that these systems were never designed to run either.

In the case of the injector pictured above this was still on the "storage" fuel from Aprilia, the bike had been sitting for over 2 years here in the USA, and probably a year or more additional from date of crating in Italy, shipping and USA distribution...fuel turned into chuncks...

TUOWNER
02-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Ok how hard is it to check the injectors! I too bought a leftover 07 form a dealer that went out of business and another dealer picked up his remaining stock of bikes. I was worried when I bought the bike that it was preped by the orignal dealer then sat on the floor for 2 years. Is this something the dealer has to do or can this be done at home, as I have no Aprilia dealers by me and prefer to do the work myself. It would just give me piece of mind to see what they look like.

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Just to see what they look like takes only about 30 minutes start to finish, raise tank after removing under tank panels, remove airbox, loosen throttle bodies, no unplugging of stuff on TB's required, use flashlight to inspect from bottom inside of TB bore. Injectors are easily visible in the recess in the casting when viewed from the bottom. Assembly is the reverse of dissassembly.

TuonoDen
02-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Ok how hard is it to check the injectors! I too bought a leftover 07 form a dealer that went out of business and another dealer picked up his remaining stock of bikes. I was worried when I bought the bike that it was preped by the orignal dealer then sat on the floor for 2 years. Is this something the dealer has to do or can this be done at home, as I have no Aprilia dealers by me and prefer to do the work myself. It would just give me piece of mind to see what they look like.

I too bought a left over 2007 Tuono from a local dealer which he bought from another Aprilia dealer that went out of business.
But in my case I know the fuel has been changed, since my dealer test rode the bike, he rode it for 27kms.
When I picked it up tank was less then half full, so I filled it with new fuel
"Super" at 95 octane and added gas stabilizer and ran the bike at least three
Times now and it sounds good.
But will not know for sure till I take it out for my first long ride in the spring.
Cheers,
Den