PDA

View Full Version : Tuono Stolen

vertible
01-19-2010, 08:32 PM
UPDATE
Bike was recovered this morning in perfect condition nearby.
Lots of lessons learned, don't leave key in it in the garage, arm house alarm, etc.

My 2003 Tuono was stolen today in Phoenix, AZ. The key was in it in the garage :bangwall:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/vertible/Misc/tuonorfront.jpg

Beau1K
01-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Damn...weak :( Pretty unique Tuono though...hope you get it back in good condition!

SoulDaddy
01-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Ouch. That floor mat must be looking awful empty.

Hope it turns up in good shape or that you have good insurance. Keep an eye on the parts forum for newbs posting stuff for sale (or not newbs).

:fangs:

HighPlainsRider
01-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss. Did the thieves break in through the garage door. Do you think they targeted the bike specifically?
I have a bad habit of leaving keys in ignition when my car and bike are parked in the garage too. Obviously not a good idea. I'm always nervous pulling into my garage which is just off a main road cos you never know who's watching.

vertible
01-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Bike was recovered this morning completely intact except for the key.

Sorry to hear about the loss. Did the thieves break in through the garage door. Do you think they targeted the bike specifically?
I have a bad habit of leaving keys in ignition when my car and bike are parked in the garage too. Obviously not a good idea. I'm always nervous pulling into my garage which is just off a main road cos you never know who's watching.

They burglarized the house and took the bike as a bonus, ended up parking it a mile away.

Arm your house alarms if ya got em.

Falko
01-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Another forum I frequent has mentioned increased robberies lately as well. Economy goes down, thefts go up...
Glad you got your bike back, and i hope they catch the bastards.

SoulDaddy
01-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Time to buy some lottery tickets, huh????

:plus:

sirwin
01-22-2010, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about leaving keys in your bike locked in your garage. A wise man once told me that, if someone wants to steal your bike, the last thing they need is the ignition key. Besides, if you make a habit of removing your key from your bike, there's probably a far greater chance you'll misplace the key than someone breaking in and stealing your bike.

t5gt
02-05-2010, 09:07 AM
man...interesting... sorry to hear you got robed, but apparently they liked your bike enough to just take it for a short ride and not trash it????

I don't leave my keys in anything but sense they got into your house they would of found your keys. Buy a large safe, a large dog, and a gun!

A line
03-01-2010, 01:50 AM
In my garage, I have the keys in my new Tuono, RXV, HD road king and my new porsche 911 cabriolet!!!

Someone would hit the jackpot in my garage plus a bunch of high end mountain bikes etc.

I guess I better not ever post my address online!

Thats the coolest part of having a garage is thinking everything is safe etc.

Glad you got your bike back---thieves suck:crowbar:

mgiguere20
03-18-2010, 01:48 AM
glad you got it back, saw that you're local too. This isn't the bike that's all carbon is it? I saw a completely carbon tuono at the pavillions car show last saturday, looked real crispy!

edit: your pic just loaded, looks similar, but the one i saw had a different exhaust and dark tank too, i think