PDA

View Full Version : How difficult to install a full system....

dallascat
01-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi gang,
for those of you who installed a full exhaust system on a Tuono (or had a dealer install one), how hard is it? Does the radiator an shock needs to come off?
I have been considering buying a full system at a very reasonable price but I do not want to end up paying another $300 to install. I can deal with slip ons but I have a feel a full system may be too much for my limited mechanical skills... anyone has any experience?

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-18-2010, 04:22 PM
neither have to come off.....the radiator can be tipped forward out of the way......full systems are not that bad, helps to have lots of 1/4" extensions and 10mm swivel sockets. The back cylinder flange nuts are fun.

dallascat
01-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks Ed... it does not seem as intimidating as I initially anticipated, although I may have still rely on your capable hands :) unless I go the slip-on route... which would also be cheaper...

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
slip-ons are all they really need....the stock headers are really good, and most full systems are a copy of the stock ones, just a little lighter.

there is only one full system worth getting...the big-tube Akra EVO6.....even then, it really likes the big-bore pistons to get the most out of it.

95%+ of the bikes we setup are slip-ons.

Jhawker21
01-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the info Ed, glad to know slip'ons are good enough for 99% of us! Save me some money for other purchases!

Cheers

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-18-2010, 11:54 PM
save the $700+ for headers and buy an Ohlins shock......a difference you WILL feel.

mini_me
01-19-2010, 03:19 AM
The back cylinder flange nuts are fun.

:plus: LOL very true words.

Jhawker21
01-19-2010, 10:57 AM
save the $700+ for headers and buy an Ohlins shock......a difference you WILL feel.

Bump for the Ohlins shock, I love it, very responsive. Also, I bet Ed knows where you can purchase one if you are looking....they are great guys.

dallascat
01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Bump for the Ohlins shock, I love it, very responsive. Also, I bet Ed knows where you can purchase one if you are looking....they are great guys.

I know Ed will take care of me... I already have an open line of credit with them ;)