PDA

View Full Version : Install battery connector help for 2007 tuono

espo
01-14-2010, 10:04 PM
First off I am new to member of this forum. I have a new 2007 Tuono with devil pipes, 15 front sprocket, k/n airfilter, plus windshield. I have the bike set up just perfect for me and expect to keep my poor man's Farrari for years to come. Why not, the Tuono twin with 140 plus hp does all I ask. I have 28mm exhaust baffles in it that give the bike the rich european tones of a "gran prix"; Not the harshness of the "dragstrip" usually associated with twins.

I bought the bike new last year but illness kept me from riding a whole lot. I'm ready. I also owne a '99 Triumph Legend. A nice relaxing 3cyl. ride that puts out about 70hp. I owned it for 9 years and want to see it go to go a good home to sell.

My first bike was a 650 chopper back in the day and a new 350 honda SL waiting for me when I got back from Nam. Both were very "cool" in their day. That's the history.

I now want to install the easy connector that came with my battery tender. How do I get to the tuono battery posts for the install. I know battery is under seat. What is the easiest way to access the terminals. Are there phtos of it somewhere on the board.

It's a pleasure to be here. Thanks for the help. I look forward to sharing the unique Tuono experience with people in the know.

Espo

Jhawker21
01-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Remove the rider seat to get to the battery. You will find bolts under the seat, each side at the back. You will need to push the foam out of the way on each side, once you do, you will see the bolt you need to remove. It's a #10 metric and I use a extender to give me room to work. Once the seat is gone, you can unscrew the terminals and add your tender connection.

Good luck.

Eric

J.R. Bob Dobbs
01-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Ditto. After much consideration, I ran the connector/wire back near the toolkit, then around the left side of the Charcoal canister, where the connector end parks neatly low behind the canister, doesn't get hung up on anything and is easily accessed by removing the passenger cowl.

Due to weather etc I haven't ridden mine in over a month, today is warm but the roads are too salty for my baby. So mine sits on the tender waiting for rain to wash the salt dust off the roads.

I'm proud to be the first to say "Welcome... now FUCK OFF!!!"

dallascat
01-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Same here, but I had my come out from undrneath and used a tie down to secured on the left side of the frame so that I can connect my heated gear as needed or just charge it up.... I ma the least mechanically inclined person and was able to do the job in 15 min...

Tifa
01-15-2010, 03:23 PM
yeah..it's pretty simple when you pull the seat off....
fwiw, I left mine as standard, and tucked the trailing lead under the passenger cowl/seat when not in use .....
also, I made up an extension for it ( the conectors are available at on-line at RS etc..) ...about 1.5m long....I then connect this up (2 mins) to run the power up to the front of the bike for powering accessories/satnav etc when needed...

BTW...welcome and fuck off....

:cheers:

espo
02-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Big thanks to all those who helped me with the easiest way to install battery tender wires. Tuono is now complete.:peace: