PDA

View Full Version : Just need a little help with my art project :)

ElementZ
01-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Basicly.
For my higher art, im doing an "Advertising Campaign for RS50's and RS125's"

I just want to hear what you really love about your bikes, and why it decimates over any other 50/125.

also id like if any1 could give me any ideas on HOW to advertise stuff...

so far iv only got,
posters
flyers
keyrings
website (kinda ties everything down in one on that one)
but thats it...and i really am stuck for idea's on how to put this project together :)

any suggestions, and also any comments about rs's would be appriciated :)

thanks.

dan kerson
01-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Stickers
t shirts banners at the track
you tube video
I like my rs50 cause its cute

ElementZ
01-12-2010, 12:45 PM
lmao cute? :P
RS's arnt cute, there mean :P

Dom.C
01-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Moved.

Daza
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
could do little jingles for radio ;)
demo days :)
lots of stats about it :D facts and figures are always great for any school project teachers and exam boards love em ;)

:)

ElementZ
01-12-2010, 01:23 PM
basicly i have 3 sheets of a2 to hand in, 1 design, 1 research, 1 is the final design... so iaint got alot of space.

and it has to be able to go onto paper.

DanHam
01-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Umm, what I loved about my RS50. It was my first bike, it looked like a 125 which was also a pain in the arse as I kept getting raced by all the other 125s.

The sound was shit, and the seat when you follow it looks out of place.

ElementZ
01-12-2010, 01:35 PM
dan, i fucking love that bike in ur DP, what is it? looks mint

bourney2007
01-12-2010, 01:43 PM

It's a honda VFR400, with tyga fairings. They're basically pipm daddy fairings, the standard fairings are more sqyraed off, more boxed shape than his tyga fairings.

ElementZ
01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
tidee as fuck likes :P

bourney2007
01-12-2010, 01:48 PM
tidee as fuck likes :P

Meh, not as good as the CBR400's eh dan :D:D LOL LOL

ElementZ
01-12-2010, 01:58 PM
i dunno, i fairly like his :P
but it is the panel that gets me :L

DanHam
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Cheers, its a Honda VFR400. Better shot of it...
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/Dan_Ham/P080809_1343.jpg

bourney2007
01-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Eh dan, i never actually thought about that, i've only ever seen the right hand side of your bike LOL.

That looks fucking wickid mate!

ElementZ
01-12-2010, 02:09 PM
what all is done to it?
how much are they?
good speed?
and nice healthy exhausts :O

DanHam
01-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Eh dan, i never actually thought about that, i've only ever seen the right hand side of your bike LOL.

That looks fucking wickid mate!

Cheers Mr. B, thats my favourite shot of the bike :D

what all is done to it?
how much are they?
good speed?
and nice healthy exhausts :O

Haha, you asked for the list so here goes :p:
TYGA carbon kit
Dreamland spray job.
Galfer wave discs
Goodridge braided lines & res's
Bendix MRR front pads.
Pazzo levers
Valter Moto rearsets.
Viper can
Harris zorst hanger
Probolt titanium sprocket nuts.
Probolt titanium disk bolts front +rear.
Kilometre converter
Polished top yoke.

All that costs quite a bit, good job i never paid for it :p: think 2500 - 3000.

You can pick them up for around 2500 in this shape, they are very rare (Non Standard).

Speed wise, its restricted so 95 - 100 mph.

Cheers for the exhausts, Jesus it took me ages to get them like that, about 9 hours of what looked like I was tossing off my down pipes. I had to go over them with 600 grit silica pad, then a 1200 grit pad just for good measure, then the polishing up with Autosol. If you do it, prepared for a fist full of bleeding knuckles LOL. I just did them again yesterday, didn't take aslong.

DanHam
01-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Meh, not as good as the CBR400's eh dan :D:D LOL LOL

Haha, ohh yes ;) I like your bike. Fancy swaping frames? :D

bourney2007
01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Haha, ohh yes ;) I like your bike. Fancy swaping frames? :D

Fuck that! lol.

I know your pain with polishing the exhausts. Only i did my frame, and had to remove honda factory paint first, oh fuck me that was an effort!!

Nice and shiny now though :D Started re-doing the other half of the frame the previous owner fucked up so the fun starts again LOL

ElementZ
01-12-2010, 02:48 PM
or just swap bikes? haaa:P
yeh i know what u mean with the polishing... like i spend 5 hours tossing off the pipe, wiping over and over and over again on the frame and on the swing arm, looks hot when i do.

see when i baught my bike i got it for 550 but it only had one panel, and was a wreck... ispent a whole summer doing it up. looks nice now, that pics shite.

and a new panel is 366quid brand new, ...and arsed paying that :L

so i guess its getting keeped panelless unless i wanna go ahead with this monster rep :P
ha

ElementZ
01-12-2010, 02:50 PM
then again, iv been thinking, if i remake the shape of the original frames, but out of silver wire mesh, and put that on, a wire mesh panel would look FUCKING sweet :P dunno tho...:P

Dom.C
01-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Cheers, its a Honda VFR400. Better shot of it...
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/Dan_Ham/P080809_1343.jpg

Is it me or does the rear tyre look kinda thin-ish?

Or do all 400's have around about that size tyre?

wrx_02
01-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Is the picture in your sig the poster you want input on?

DanHam
01-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Is it me or does the rear tyre look kinda thin-ish?

Or do all 400's have around about that size tyre?

It does from that shot. Hmmm. Its a 150 though.

DanHam
01-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Is the picture in your sig the poster you want input on?

He wants input on the owner ship of an RS50.

DanHam
01-12-2010, 03:14 PM
or just swap bikes? haaa:P
yeh i know what u mean with the polishing... like i spend 5 hours tossing off the pipe, wiping over and over and over again on the frame and on the swing arm, looks hot when i do.

see when i baught my bike i got it for 550 but it only had one panel, and was a wreck... ispent a whole summer doing it up. looks nice now, that pics shite.

and a new panel is 366quid brand new, ...and arsed paying that :L

so i guess its getting keeped panelless unless i wanna go ahead with this monster rep :P
ha

Get some pics of your polished exhaust ;)

Get some decent pics of your bike aswell.

:plus: on the monster rep.

wrx_02
01-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Well he asked for advertising input so I thought I would ask. Cause if it was I had a suggestion :oP

Depending on what you wanna spend, shirts, hats, tire pressure gauges, pens, Brake Master Cylinder covers........

bourney2007
01-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Monster rep is over done now imho. Yeah it dosn't look too bad i guess but i'd want something different.

I havn't got any ideas, im just critisicing yours LOL :P

DanHam
01-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Monster rep is over done now imho. Yeah it dosn't look too bad i guess but i'd want something different.

I havn't got any ideas, im just critisicing yours LOL :P

Just like the Rossi Rep.

I like the West ones tbh. Don't see many of them.

bourney2007
01-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Just like the Rossi Rep.

I like the West ones tbh. Don't see many of them.

Yeah i LOVE the west ones.

Saw a project thread on 400greybike of a bloke who got a clapped out old NC23 on part ex for his RS250.

When he started it was a non runner and it looked fucked! Panels were smashed/mismatched and it was dirty and rusty as fook.

He cleaned/balanced the carbs. Washed the bike throughly. Re-polished all the polished bits and bought those full fairing kits from china for 300 in the WEST scheme. The panel fit was perfect (panels faulty, like all the chinky panels) but in the end it looked fooking gorgeous! all for a few hundred quid aswell.
He did have to put new downpipes on it though.

I bet if he sold it he'd make a shit load of profit.

ElementZ
01-12-2010, 06:15 PM
you shouldn have seen mine when i got it :S
took a whole summer to clean...1 panel is in a garage somewhere 50miles from me, the other smashed to fuck, all the stickers taken off, so looks fucking shit, the whole bike was a fucking mess...thats a shite picture anyway. ill put a really sexy one up when i cba :)

just for u since ur dissin my baby :D

DanHam
01-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah i LOVE the west ones.

Saw a project thread on 400greybike of a bloke who got a clapped out old NC23 on part ex for his RS250.

When he started it was a non runner and it looked fucked! Panels were smashed/mismatched and it was dirty and rusty as fook.

He cleaned/balanced the carbs. Washed the bike throughly. Re-polished all the polished bits and bought those full fairing kits from china for 300 in the WEST scheme. The panel fit was perfect (panels faulty, like all the chinky panels) but in the end it looked fooking gorgeous! all for a few hundred quid aswell.
He did have to put new downpipes on it though.

I bet if he sold it he'd make a shit load of profit.

Ahh I ain't seen that mate, I'll have to have a look out for it. It would give me great pleasure to take a shed of a bike and turn it into something gorgeous that I could put my name to.

bourney2007
01-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Ahh I ain't seen that mate, I'll have to have a look out for it. It would give me great pleasure to take a shed of a bike and turn it into something gorgeous that I could put my name to.

I did find it for you mate but 400greybike is fucking shit like this. If you notice, on any other forum when you open up a different topic or something the web address in the bar will change and end up with a fuck load of random letters and numbers after the forum address.

Anyway, 400greybike dosn't do this, it just stays as www.400greybike.com permenatly.

Anyways. Got to the CBR section, go in 'graphics and style' and i think it's the 3rd of 4th thread down titled 'rescued NC29 - Rebuild thread'