PDA

View Full Version : Leo Vince now available

Arnie
02-21-2004, 06:38 PM
I was at my dealer today pricing the R and Factory, and was very surprised that they had a set of Leo Vince titanium pipes installed on a silver R. Not only did they look fantastic, they sounded pretty damned awesome!! I made them start the bike so I can hear it. Wow! What a sound. $880 for the pair. I almost bought the bike on the spot! Was told that silver R's will be very rare. Any truth to that?

Too bad I didn't have my digital camera. Needless to say my mouth was watering the whole time I was there.

Here's the best part, I ordered a Factory today. :banana: With the Leo Vince of course. They have a black Factory still in the crate, we took the lid off just to see how the black looked, since they only had the red and silver R on the floor. They have a silver Factory on order, but is not arriving until May. Honestly, I can't make up my mind which color I should get. The red was really growing on me, but was told Factory does not come in red, is this true? Anyway, my dealer is calling me back on Monday to finalize my color selection.

Anyway, I'm really excited this will be my first Aprilia. Can't wait for spring!

HixX
02-21-2004, 07:12 PM
but was told Factory does not come in red, is this true? Anyway, my dealer is calling me back on Monday to finalize my color selection.

There are loads of silver ones in the UK, but maybe they are rare in other countries and the factorys do come in red - I know this cos I have one :)

Thunder Factory
02-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Arnie

Congrats on your first Aprilia, you will love it I'm sure, it is one of those bvikes that really get under your skin, witness the ammount of traffic on this section of Aprilia Forum as evidence, great bike, great people and believe me a great source of information as the bike is so new we are all still learning! :banana:

The red factory for what ever reason is not imported to the US, so if it's a Factory then Silver or Black are your options. As a Silver owner any opinion I would give would be biased, but seriously I'd happily have either in my garage:happy:

Good luck with the decision, let us know how you get on!

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Thunder/Tigs/Tigs_010.jpg

:peace:

Arnie
02-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks Thunder. The titanium cans really looked good on a silver. I wonder if they will look good on a black bike?

stinky
02-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Methinks they look pretty sweet on a black bike.

Click here (http://www.deksawyer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/tigcraft/04/2004_so_02.jpg) for a pic on tigcraft's site to see what I mean. :cool:

...or click here (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19403) to see NoNick's pics in the "A box from Japan" thread in this very forum.

Arnie
02-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Stinky, I have to agree, they look great! :D

HARDCHARGER
02-23-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by HixX
but was told Factory does not come in red, is this true? Anyway, my dealer is calling me back on Monday to finalize my color selection.

There are loads of silver ones in the UK, but maybe they are rare in other countries and the factorys do come in red - I know this cos I have one :)

This confused me also :confused:

When I first saw the factory in red on the Aprilia website I thought that was it, I had to have one. But after calling numerous dealers in the US they assured me that it wouldn't be available here.
As it worked out I wound up with a R in Red and couldn't be happier :D

One thing with the Factory in RED I don't care for the blue wheels, to me it just doesn't go.:p:

clarkie49
02-23-2004, 09:42 AM
what about the red tuono wheels on the red R?

i have a feeling that there will be a few 04 tuono people looking to get rid of their red wheels for black/silver ones:D

Arnie
02-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Spoke with my dealer today, he can get his hands on a silver factory and will be here in a week and a half, maybe sooner. So I said, done deal! Silver it is with the Leo titaniums on it!

I can't wait! :D

HARDCHARGER
02-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by clarkie49
what about the red tuono wheels on the red R?

i have a feeling that there will be a few 04 tuono people looking to get rid of their red wheels for black/silver ones:D

Clarkie,

keep a look out for me :D

Charger

Thunder Factory
02-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Arnie
Spoke with my dealer today, he can get his hands on a silver factory and will be here in a week and a half, maybe sooner. So I said, done deal! Silver it is with the Leo titaniums on it!

I can't wait! :D

Wise choice Arnie, the silver ones have a special additive in the paint that makes them invisible to radar! :banana:

Arnie
02-24-2004, 06:59 PM
:funnypost :funnypost :funnypost