12-08-2009, 02:13 PM
dont suppose anyone has a speedo drive and a starter for a rs50 2000 model

ebay,probs cost you about 70 quid for both

kieron_massie
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
okay will go have a look about

DanHam
12-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Speedo drive, will be about a fiver and the starter will vary.

JimmySR
12-09-2009, 09:23 AM
You need the whole starter as in the electric end + the baster thing (the cogs that launch into the flywheel and spin it)? Cause ive got just the electric part if you want, its the whole thing just without the baster thing (think thats what its called).

kieron_massie
12-09-2009, 02:20 PM
im not to sure, maybe you can help when i press the starter button all i hear is a little click does that mean i need the whole thing or the the eletric part or blaster thing (as jimmySR would say)

DanHam
12-09-2009, 02:36 PM
im not to sure, maybe you can help when i press the starter button all i hear is a little click does that mean i need the whole thing or the the eletric part or blaster thing (as jimmySR would say)

does your bike bump start?

kieron_massie
12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
yeah it bump start fine bithard in the cold but starts that fine

JimmySR
12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
so it doesnt turn over when you push the button, but it bumps starts alright? it sounds like its the electric part of the starter mate, but it might not be. Im not gonna sell you somethin you dont need so i'd do a few checks first to rule it out, but remember u'd have to take the innersha out of yours and put it in this one.

bourney2007
12-09-2009, 07:06 PM

The 'blaster thing' is the starter motor clutch.

It's on a little worm gear so when the starter button is pressed the starter pinion shoots out, enguaging with the ring gear on the flywheel turning the engine over and (hopefully) starting it.

You just need the electric bit. The clicking that you are hearing is the starter relay clicking.
Just get the motor (electric bit) off jimmy and shove your starter clutch on it.

JimmySR
12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
if your interested mate then do yourself a favour and measure the diameter of the starter motor (the clean silver bit ;P) where all the electrics are. Just to make sure its the same as the one i have.