PDA

View Full Version : Wheelie on RS50

Html33
12-02-2009, 11:21 AM
How do you do it? I've tried before my rings were going [so probably low compression made it hard to pull it up]

I've tried a few times, im guessing you want to stand on the footbars, lean back and thottle at the same time. Same a normal bike?

Dom.C
12-02-2009, 11:26 AM
How do you do it? I've tried before my rings were going [so probably low compression made it hard to pull it up]

I've tried a few times, im guessing you want to stand on the footbars, lean back and thottle at the same time. Same a normal bike?

It's possible with the right gearing but you need to have good timing etc.

I wouldn't bother, you'd end up screwing your forks etc. To be honest you'll never have enough power so you can clutch wheelie or anything like that.

Same as a normal bike?

Old Geezer
12-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Dunno about screwing the forks, I'd think they could handle it, it's not too stressful, but the engine and gearbox, and particularly the clutch, you'd wreck thaem in short order. This must be the task that a tuned scooter is ideal for. Having said that, a wheelie is the surest way of getting an instant bust if you are seen, not to mention everyone will think you are a total prat, so you'd be bringing bike riders into disrepute. Wheelies are for track days.

Html33
12-02-2009, 11:45 AM
It's possible with the right gearing but you need to have good timing etc.

I wouldn't bother, you'd end up screwing your forks etc. To be honest you'll never have enough power so you can clutch wheelie or anything like that.

Same as a normal bike?

I thought as much. Well i have 14th on front [well will soon, got 12 atm] and standard on the back.

To be honest, i dont really want too either as if i fuck up [probably likley] i drop it and wreck.

But was curious to know.

I mean on a normally push bike. If you want to wheelie you stand up [not always] peddle in a lowish gear and pull up.

Html33
12-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I dont like dropping the clutch like that. I really dont.

Stressing the engine out and dropping all the weight of the rider and the bike at that RPM probably would stress the crank so much

DanHam
12-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Will are you joking. I have dumped the clutch at higher RPM's than that and it still never lifted.

DanHam
12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I dont like dropping the clutch like that. I really dont.

Stressing the engine out and dropping all the weight of the rider and the bike at that RPM probably would stress the crank so much

Your going to have to learn the art of clutch slipping ;)

Html33
12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Will are you joking. I have dumped the clutch at higher RPM's than that and it still never lifted.

Im guessing you've got to pull back as well.

Did you?

Also, i figured that it would be easier to wheelie using the rear passenger pegs?

DanHam
12-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Im guessing you've got to pull back as well.

Did you?

Also, i figured that it would be easier to wheelie using the rear passenger pegs?

I'm not into the wheeling and stunting shit. All I do is nail it in first and overtake all the cars :D

Yeah the passenger pegs would be your best bet, but your risking crashing your bike, is it really worth it?

Dom.C
12-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Dunno about screwing the forks, I'd think they could handle it, it's not too stressful, but the engine and gearbox, and particularly the clutch, you'd wreck thaem in short order. This must be the task that a tuned scooter is ideal for. Having said that, a wheelie is the surest way of getting an instant bust if you are seen, not to mention everyone will think you are a total prat, so you'd be bringing bike riders into disrepute. Wheelies are for track days.

True.

The scooter comment wasn't a low blow on my behalf was it now Old Geezer :p:

:worship:

Dom.C
12-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Rear brake control takes lots of time and practice.

Html33
12-02-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm not into the wheeling and stunting shit. All I do is nail it in first and overtake all the cars :D

Yeah the passenger pegs would be your best bet, but your risking crashing your bike, is it really worth it?

Me neither. Actually i'll probably try a couple times to say i've been there and leave it at that lol.

dont do rear pegs lol, it comes up too fast, you can use the back brake to control it and you will fall off the back and be running down the road holding the handle bars with it on the back wheel

I dont talk from experiance... honest

Good point lol.

Dom.C
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
William, it sounds like you're exaggerating to me :happy:

Old Geezer
12-02-2009, 02:47 PM
True.

The scooter comment wasn't a low blow on my behalf was it now Old Geezer :p:

:worship:

Not at all. Scooters wheelie more easily, the C of G changes more quickly with the smaller wheels, something like that anyway, you can keep it up more easily. As for Will, he get s a lot of practice pulling it up, clearly!

Dom.C
12-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Not at all. Scooters wheelie more easily, the C of G changes more quickly with the smaller wheels, something like that anyway, you can keep it up more easily. As for Will, he get s a lot of practice pulling it up, clearly!

I was pulling your leg pal ;)

And yes, HA, clearly! :happy:

Old Geezer
12-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Ohhh

Ive just suddely decided i dont like you now...

Well, you are banging on about pulling it up! It'll make you blind:eek: And it definitely does not make it grow. Now how would I know that:confused:

46robbie46
12-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah a tuned scooter would be awesome for wheelies. If you want to do some proper beasty wheelies you should get a 172 or similar. Be careful though, you may need new head bearings if you fuck it up!

maxiboi247
12-02-2009, 03:40 PM
will your on crack

70RSMAT
12-02-2009, 03:52 PM
will i want to see a vid of these easy little wheelies u do ;)

DanHam
12-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Haha, guarentee as soon as a camera come out ill bin it,

Always happens on videos on youtube

Stop making excuses :p:

Dom.C
12-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Will, I think we've established the fact you can't wheelie an RS50 easily :p:

DanHam
12-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Owned ;)