PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia AF1 50cc/70cc up for sale

topi
11-04-2009, 01:09 PM
I know this isn't reeeally the right place, but thought it might interest some of you? If not, where do you think would be a good place to sell this:

Im moving abroad so need to sell everything. I purchased this bike years ago now, looking like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/jacktopi/AF1.jpg

It needed a lot more work than I originally thought, and so:

The Minarelli RV6 AP engine was rebuilt with new piston, rod and crank. Complete new head and barrel (70cc). New Delorto carb. 6speed box rebuilt and new clutch pack.

Forks were stripped, re-chromed and rebuilt.

Brakes rebuilt

All bodywork resprayed. (including the nice carbon single seat rear)

New exhaust system

New chain and sprockets

CURRENT STATUS:
I fitted the engine and had the bike running roughly 2 years ago now, since then it has sat in a dry garage, with the bodywork in the spare room of my house. Purely because of work and other
commitments. So she hasn't ran for a long time, but obviously there's been no deteriation or wear.

I have everything to make this a road worthy bike, even new Aprilia Racing decals for the fairings
I also have the V5, stating that it is still a 50cc - so a great bike for a new rider that wants something a bit different/faster.

As you can imagine, sourcing all these rare parts (the RV6 engine is very special) has cost me ALOT of time and money. But as the bike requires a few more hours to put on the road, I don't expect the full money from it.

650 GBP o.n.o takes it away.

JambroGPR
11-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Bargain!

Should have no trouble selling it.

GLWS

Will-Radford
11-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Fucking sick looking bike late, LOVE IT

topi
11-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Cheers for the comments lads. It'll be a great bike if someone can finish it off and get it on the road. I'm moving away to Canada early next year though, so need it shifting.

I've got it on bikechatforums, where else would be good (apart from egay)

topi
11-04-2009, 02:32 PM
To be honest, that's a fair point which is often overlooked now lol.

JambroGPR
11-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Piston Heads
Autotrader

Aprilia af1
11-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I know this isn't reeeally the right place, but thought it might interest some of you? If not, where do you think would be a good place to sell this:

Im moving abroad so need to sell everything. I purchased this bike years ago now, looking like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/jacktopi/AF1.jpg

It needed a lot more work than I originally thought, and so:

The Minarelli RV6 AP engine was rebuilt with new piston, rod and crank. Complete new head and barrel (70cc). New Delorto carb. 6speed box rebuilt and new clutch pack.

Forks were stripped, re-chromed and rebuilt.

Brakes rebuilt

All bodywork resprayed. (including the nice carbon single seat rear)

New exhaust system

New chain and sprockets

CURRENT STATUS:
I fitted the engine and had the bike running roughly 2 years ago now, since then it has sat in a dry garage, with the bodywork in the spare room of my house. Purely because of work and other
commitments. So she hasn't ran for a long time, but obviously there's been no deteriation or wear.

I have everything to make this a road worthy bike, even new Aprilia Racing decals for the fairings
I also have the V5, stating that it is still a 50cc - so a great bike for a new rider that wants something a bit different/faster.

As you can imagine, sourcing all these rare parts (the RV6 engine is very special) has cost me ALOT of time and money. But as the bike requires a few more hours to put on the road, I don't expect the full money from it.

650 GBP o.n.o takes it away.

Nice bike and the best engine you can get the rv6ap, although not as strong as the old rv3/rv4.
I take it your bike is late 80's due to the frame being different to mine, i'm guessing 1988?
The parts are a nigtmare to source especailly the gearboxes, luckily the p6 have the same conrod so that fits. which is what i have attatched to my rv6 crank. also have a spare rv6 crank and crank cases, and a complete rv3 engine.

I was wondering if you have any spare gearboxes or just the gearbox gears as i need 2nd and 5th due to the teeth snapping off?

Good luck with the sale, af1's don't seem to fetch much money for some reason though but with all that work done you should shift it.

DanHam
11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Lovely bike.

MrBatty1
11-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Where about are u mate ? How much would u lower urself to ? Decent looking bike :)

Josh.B
11-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Where about are u mate ? How much would u lower urself to ? Decent looking bike :)

TBH mate 650 is a decent price so i doubt he will drop. 600 maybe.

hes in leicster i think it says on his location thingy

Dom.C
11-09-2009, 02:52 PM

Says on his profile.

Don't push him, it's a good price.

DanHam
11-10-2009, 07:06 AM
yeah I like that bike.

Dom.C
11-10-2009, 07:07 AM
It's not far away from me really. But meh, why would I want it.

fmartine
04-11-2011, 03:30 PM
do you sell only the engine? do you ship to italy?

RS_Patrick
04-12-2011, 04:43 AM
do you sell only the engine? do you ship to italy?

We currently live in the year 2011, thats just a little hint for you...
Check the date something was posted wen you google something.

fmartine
04-12-2011, 05:50 AM
We currently live in the year 2011, thats just a little hint for you...
Check the date something was posted wen you google something.

How can i know that he sold the bike (or the engine) for sure?
what's the problem if a ask a question on a forum?
what's wrong? you are very friendly and polite...

RS_Patrick
04-13-2011, 04:12 AM
Well, because the guy had to sell it because he was moving out of the country and couldnt take the bike with him and the thread is over 2 years old...

Those bikes are pretty rare here in northern europe compaired to where you live, especaily the RV6 engine, why dont you just fit a AM-6 engine anyway?

fmartine
04-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Well, because the guy had to sell it because he was moving out of the country and couldnt take the bike with him and the thread is over 2 years old...

Those bikes are pretty rare here in northern europe compaired to where you live, especaily the RV6 engine, why dont you just fit a AM-6 engine anyway?

YOU ARE WRONG
that bike model and minarelli RV6 engine model WAS NEVER SOLD in italy (they was built only for foreing market, 6 speeds engine was illegal in italy from 1989 to middle 90's) , so they are IMPOSSIBLE to find in italy.... RV6 engine can't fit in any way AM6 engine fixing holes...
and also AM6 engine sucks compared to a RV6 engine
I also can't understend why i can't ask for a minarelli rv6 engine! is it a problem for you? or do i need your authorization?

RS_Patrick
04-15-2011, 12:34 PM
No need to use Caps...

I ment the area of Southern Europe in General... not just Italy, think in Italy they had a rule that all geared mopeds could have no more than 3 gears at most untill the mid 90's like you said (hence the existance of the RV3 and AM3 engine versions)

AM6 is the fastest 50cc 2 stroke engine there is... thats why it holds All 50cc Land Speed Records from fully stock (Aprilia RS50 1999/2005 model) to fully tuned with turbocharger fitted in a streamliner.

RV6 is even slower than the RV4 mate because it produces a lot more friction, only advantage it has over the RV4 is that its gears are at a closer ratio together (1 to 5) and that the 6th gear is an Overdrive.

You can fit an AM engine easly in a RV engine cradle/frame by just rewelding the flanges on the cradle/frame.

If you really want a RV6 engine i sugest you try France, Spain and Portugal if you want any chance at finding one, Maybe Germany...

And i think your pretty rude, i just pointed out the fact you replied to a 2 year old thread of someone who was in a hurry to sell his bike, and that you dont find these bikes a lot (especaily the RV6 versions) in the UK (or the Netherlands)

Good Luck with your search mate.

fmartine
04-15-2011, 01:05 PM
AM6 is the fastest 50cc 2 stroke engine there is...

That's your opinion , not mine

RV6 is even slower than the RV4 mate because it produces a lot more friction, only advantage it has over the RV4 is that its gears are at a closer ratio together (1 to 5) and that the 6th gear is an Overdrive.

False again , i tested a rv6 on my personal moped (originally equipped with rv4), RV6 is more performant (6 speeds very closed are better than 4 speeds in a small and light motorbike)

You can fit an AM engine easly in a RV engine cradle/frame by just rewelding the flanges on the cradle/frame.

i don't want to modify my frame

If you really want a RV6 engine i sugest you try France, Spain and Portugal if you want any chance at finding one, Maybe Germany...

My first RV6 engine was found on Germany, actually i'm looking in all europe and also in this forum

And i think your pretty rude, i just pointed out the fact you replied to a 2 year old thread of someone who was in a hurry to sell his bike, and that you dont find these bikes a lot (especaily the RV6 versions) in the UK (or the Netherlands)

Good Luck with your search mate.

you was rude first , i was rude after

Aprilia af1
04-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Patrick you say that the Minarelli RV4 is quicker than the RV6, yet i have had an RV3, RV4 and RV6 and i can say the RV6 was the best compared to both the RV3 and RV4. The acceleration was a lot better and so was the top speed. You say that 6th gear is like an overdrive, i suppose it is when you look at the ratios/ number of teeth on 5th and 6th but when i was driving it the drop in revs seemed quite similar to the other gears.