PDA

View Full Version : New water pump for the F4

Bill in OKC
09-11-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't know if this has been gone over before or if anyone else has this problem but my friend's 1000 has been overheating since he bought it. Now MV has a re-machined water pump housing and larger impeller to help the problem. I guess the August recess is over so the parts should be arriving from Italy soon. He is also getting aluminum fan blades - I guess the stock plastic ones are warping from the heat - so hopefully within a month or so he should be all fixed up.

Spartukus
09-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Over heating is a common problem with the 1000 F4s. The Muzzy metal fans helped a lot. Also flushing the coolant every two years helps. However the new water impeller kit (which comes on the 1078, and I think on the 312 as well) will solve this problem. I am waiting on mine. A friend has it on his 05 F4 and all heating issue is GONE!

Axecent
09-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Where are you sourcing the parts? Any MV dealer? My Tambo runs hot like all of em'.....

Bill in OKC
09-22-2009, 11:41 AM
My friend's parts are coming from Ferracci - but they are not here yet AFAIK. He's lucky - one of Ferracci's race mechanics lives here who is getting the parts and doing the install. I'd guess if he hasn't gotten them yet, they are not quite readily available.

Spartukus
09-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Where are you sourcing the parts? Any MV dealer? My Tambo runs hot like all of em'.....

Any MV dealer can order the parts, now since the parts are so NEW the dealer has to call MV Agusta and tell them you want the water impeller/pump kit.

My friend's parts are coming from Ferracci - but they are not here yet AFAIK. He's lucky - one of Ferracci's race mechanics lives here who is getting the parts and doing the install. I'd guess if he hasn't gotten them yet, they are not quite readily available.

Actually Ferracci is the importer for CAGIVA to the US. No matter what you order through local delearships it will go through Ferracci's people. Now if you go through CRC then you get racing upgrades straight from Itailia (now that CRC is out of bankrupcy).

1983Merman
09-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Have an '08 312R - major overheating issues - new water impeller from Vesuvio, a coolant flush and using Engine ice - zero issues now....