PDA

View Full Version : SERVICE Triangle - Help anyone

hbhog
08-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Put on near 200 plus miles today. Rode from Huntington Beach to Ortega ( post construction, great road now ) then to Palomar. Road hard - for the street and heading home up the 5 before San Clemente get the SERVICE light and red triangle. Pulled over and shut off the bike. Started again no light then about 5 miles light came on again. Accelerated and bike would miss/cut out past 4K RPM. Pulled off fwy to gas station and had it towed home ( made my $$ back from AAA ). Bike has 10,300 mostly trouble free miles. Had new stator under warranty 4K miles ago. Any ideas??? Checked for codes, but there was none.

BobSol
08-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Hi
Had exactly the same thing happen. It seems to switch to emergency map to get you home. I switched it on and off a couple of times and it cleared itself. No fault code recorded and three thousand miles later no repeat of the problem.

harry monk
08-17-2009, 08:29 AM
my service light came on the other day at 12,000 miles. The bike was serviced 250 miles before, so I used the code provided earlier in an earlier thread, and it went off, only to come back on again 30 miles later. Entered the code again and so far its been okay, only done 50 miles since, but fingers crossed.

twin4me
08-17-2009, 09:38 AM
I've found mine will come on if the bike has been switched off and then on again a few minutes later. Once you turn it off and on again the triangle goes. However I've not had it come on whilst I've been riding.

Dan M
08-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Next time the light comes on check for codes without shutting off the ignition. Once you shut it off it clears the code.

Zixxer2Go
08-17-2009, 01:18 PM
I had similar symptoms...running along the interstate, the engine coughs and loses a little power, the SERVICE light comes on, and then the engine seems to run OK. Get home, leave it off overnight or longer, take off again and after about 20'ish miles get the same situation.

The Aprilia dealer in Chattanooga said about 10(!) codes showed up on the analyzer, so he cleared them all, took the bike out for a test ride and got the SERVICE light on. Back at the shop it turned out to be the "Air...ummm...something!" I forgot the name, but he replaced it, and took it out for another test run with no errors. I'm picking it up this weekend. I'll let you know what the exact part was then. Bike was still under warranty, so no charges.

ROSSI
08-17-2009, 02:29 PM
This is weird, Got the ECU DISCONNECT error came on yesterday,along with the service triangle. shut it off, turned it back on five minutes later and it cleared up. don't know which map is running ,need to bring it back to dealer.
One other thing I noticed is the brown connector has melted.
its got to be related.

hbhog
08-17-2009, 04:16 PM
My brown connector had melted and dealer replaced stator under warranty 4K miles ago. Not sure what my code is since I shut off the motor before looking up the code. Need to ride it and see if SERVICE comes on again to check codes. My issues sounds very similar to Zixxer2GO

Tuono Newb
08-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I've had a stator replaced on both of my GenII Tuonos! I was experiencing what you described and it turned out to be a faulty hose that is located under the airbox. It's one of the small ones that can either be re-connected improperly, or it cracks because it is fairly small. I would get that checked out. It was a problem I had after havin g the stator replaced, and apparently it does not give out an error code that is easily traceable!