PDA

View Full Version : Service - Melb, Vic

mcambo
07-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Does anybody know who can service a Tuono in Melbourne??

My T has now reached 10,000 Klms and needs a service, but I dont particularly want to take it to A1 as i have a had a number of problems with my T that took quite a bit of time to fix.

Now that Moto One isn't in business my options are limited, so was hoping somebody knew someone else that can do the service.

AussieT
07-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Moto One obviously went out of business for poor service & over charging

I now take my Tuono to a mate in Mildura, not a Aprilia dealer, but does a better job than anyone else ever has.
Find a good mechanic who knows what he is doing & use the info on this forum

As you know in Oz, as long as your bike is serviced by a qualified Machanic to the levels in the servcie book your warranty is unaffected.
Of course Aprilia will till you different!

Oldprick
07-26-2009, 03:04 AM
Give Rohan a ring at Greensborough , 03-94346510 , he does all my bikes and a Ducati factory qualified spanner , he'll do the job as good or better than anyone . If your worried about voiding your warranty by non Aprillia dealer service take it back to A1 , until it runs out of warranty.

Moto One only went bust because they took on BMW , lol , and that tipped them over the edge :crowbar:

PeterM
07-27-2009, 05:40 AM
Other option is Brad (Bike boy Brad) who was one of the senior mechanics at Moto One who bought their workshop gear & went into business for himself. Websearch will turn up his details.

Jaguar
07-27-2009, 06:38 PM
My sympathies regarding A1. However, you maybe want to stick with a main dealer for warranty reasons?

Either way - ring Graeme at Aprilia City in Abbotsford (check the Aprilia Oz website for contact details). They were scooter only, but took on the bikes as well a year or so ago. He was recommended to me by John Sample's technical manager & I've had good experiences (notably - he fitted a new rear brake MC over 2,000km ago and I still have a perfect rear brake!).