PDA

View Full Version : Fuel reserve light

Motopsycho
07-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I guess all the veteran Mana people know this or is my bike different?
In the owners manual it states that after the fuel light comes on " the number of kilometers in reserve left will be displayed on the digital display"
This might make people think that the computer calculates the amount of fuel remaining and displays how far you can travel. On my Mana the fuel light comes on and then 1.2 miles ( 2 kilometers) later it displays the 1.2 miles traveled since the light went on and records the miles traveled from then on. thats fine with me but it is different from the book. Any other observations on this?

Mana-in-NC
07-19-2009, 08:49 PM
"the number of kilometers in reserve left will be displayed on the digital display"

That's Italian translation for "when you hit the reserve, the number of miles/kilometers traveled will begin to be displayed."

So, yes, the mileage starts up after 1.2 to 1.8 miles after the reserve is hit and then continues to show the accumulated mileage. I have found that I can safely travel 32 miles once I hit reserve, with regular travel throttle. So, as there are gas stations at least every 5-10 miles around here, I don't push it past 24 miles.

Also, in another thread we discussed how far we travel prior to hitting the reserve, and that varied. Some reported potential malfunctions, as the reserve warning light was coming on at 1/2 tank. For me, it consistently comes on between 166 miles and 184 miles traveled, and usually closer to 180. So, hitting 205 to 210 miles per tank is very steady for me after 8840 miles.

alfamoi
07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
I swear! It is not me who translated the Aprilia book! :D

williamr
07-24-2009, 03:17 AM
From lots of posts about lots of bikes, it seems that for any one bike the reserve light comes on fairly consistently at about the same time, but take any two bikes of the same model and they'll be different from each other.

I suspect that the translation was probably done by Google lol.

Rob

Rob