PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the SXV on the MX stand?

KANE
07-15-2009, 11:19 AM
So I bought a folding MX stand from Pit Posse and put it next to my SXV to pop it on there and realized that the fucking stand is tall. I have been a sportbiker forever so this is new to me. What is the easiest method to get my SXV on this stand? If I grab the back when the bike is hot I risk getting burned. Do I grab the front wheel and lift it then swing the front end over the stand?

Mooseknuckles
07-15-2009, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNuWdbi8ZI

BC61
07-15-2009, 12:31 PM
If the video method doesn't work give this a try. Stand along side the bike next to the seat facing forward. Grab the bike on the opposite side you are standing on down low on the subframe and grab the handle bar on the side you are standing on. Squat down a little so your hips are below the seat. Pull bike up against your hips and stand up. This will lift the tail of the bike. It's best to place the stand at an angle behind the front wheel and along the motor on the opposite side you are standing on. You'll lift the tail of the bike onto the stand while rolling the front.

crank1000
07-15-2009, 01:37 PM
I stand on the opposite side of the kickstand and lever the bike onto the kicktand while lifting the back tire off the ground and sliding the lift under. With my lift, I only need to get the bike off the ground about 1/4". Pretty simple once you've got a method.

weston22s
07-15-2009, 04:12 PM
i use the mini bike stand from pit posse its perfect

kimzx1000r
07-15-2009, 08:08 PM
come on ya girls, just pick it up and put it on the stand! If ya gonna have a hard time getting it on the stand an oil change is gonna be a nightmare!

RXV_Poor
07-15-2009, 08:44 PM
about 5-7 mph grab the front brake and swing the rear on to the stand.

kimzx1000r
07-15-2009, 10:08 PM
this requires standing on the pegs but if done right works well also. Basic trials move. Compress front forks, when they rebound pop front wheel in the air, next while front wheel is in the air compress rear shock. as shock is releasing lift your body weight off the pegs and allow the bike to bunny hop in the air, while pushing the front wheel down with the handle bars. if done right with the appropriate timing you can land level and flat on the stand! Although I gotta say RXV POORs approach is much flashier and I really liked it. Tail whip that bad boy right onto the stand! SWEET!

tbeyer
07-15-2009, 10:17 PM
I gotta go with kimzx1000r, just stand on the left, stand on the right, grab the subframe, it won't burn with gloves on and lift. I do it all the time, hot or cold. LIFT or you could get one of those fancy stands that elevates....or you could go with Poors whip kick method.

Allen Noland
07-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Easiest way is to tell your buddys that you have an abundant supply of beer. When they show up, ask two of them to lift the bike while a 95 pound asian stripper slides the stand under the bike.....you will never, ever have to do it by yourself again after that. Volunteers will be lining up to put the bike on the stand next time.

Beau1K
07-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Get this stand, I have it and it kicks ass...it's perfect:

http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/images/products/workshop/drc2-bikestand.jpg

(Crap for in the dirt BTW...good for garage)

RXV_Poor
07-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Easiest way is to tell your buddys that you have an abundant supply of beer. When they show up, ask two of them to lift the bike while a 95 pound asian stripper slides the stand under the bike.....you will never, ever have to do it by yourself again after that. Volunteers will be lining up to put the bike on the stand next time.

:worship::worship: This is why you build race winning bikes and fumble around in the garage. :worship::worship:

KANE
07-16-2009, 06:36 AM
I lifted the front tire last night and put the bike on the stand. The bike is pretty easy to lift up. I think I might try gloves and lifting the back tonight. It is on t the most stable thing sitting on the plastic skid plate though but it will do for pulling the front wheel off.

tbeyer
07-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Kane, when I got my first MX bike a few years ago I used to lift the front end up also to get it on the stand until a MX race buddy of mine showed me the grab trick. It is a combination of lift and leverage as you use your leg to leverage against as you lift the bike up. The SXV is lower than the RXV so that should help. Definately use a glove or rag and grab the subframe as it is sloping up towards the tailpipe. There is a spot where you won't hit the tail pipe. I hear you about the skid plate. I was a bit leary when I first got my RXV at put it on the stand. It does tend to wobble or lean a bit but it works fine. Good luck and have fun!

fredgreen
07-16-2009, 07:03 AM
All you need to do is, stand beside front wheel and face towards the back of the bike, pull the front brake on, then pick the front wheel up with other arm onto stand.

KANE
07-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I will try the last two mentioned methods when I get home to see what I like.