PDA

View Full Version : rs125 polini 154 big bore kit ADVICE PLEASE

yannnnay
06-28-2009, 03:24 PM
just purchased a polini 154 big bore kit for my full power model rs125 and was wondering what mods to do to carb.Everything on the bike is standard ie exhaust airfilter reeds etc,i have the standard 28mm carb on and can't afford to upgrade to the 34mm.I have been told to try a 130 main jet instead of the 120 standard one,advice needed please

maxiboi247
06-28-2009, 04:59 PM
if i were you i would buy selection of main jets for the carb and when you fit them use the largest one first to run it in then after a few hundred miles, or however long you run it in for fine tune the main jet size.
you may have to get a 'performance' air filter as the bbk will need more air to go with the more fuel it will be suckin in

19E-299
07-05-2009, 06:58 AM
just purchased a polini 154 big bore kit for my full power model rs125 and was wondering what mods to do to carb.Everything on the bike is standard ie exhaust airfilter reeds etc,i have the standard 28mm carb on and can't afford to upgrade to the 34mm.I have been told to try a 130 main jet instead of the 120 standard one,advice needed please

no one will or can give you a precise answer to your question. each engine behaves completely different from others. i wouldn´t wonder if you have to use a smaller main jet then with the stock barrel. thats what i found out with my polini kit.