PDA

View Full Version : RS250 Tank On RS125 Frame

coffee
06-26-2009, 07:21 AM
Guys,
Can anyone offer any info here. I have been looking for parts for my RS125 and Found a very interesting tank though for the 250:
http://www.eti-fuelcel.com/APRILIA.HTML

Is the frame very different or do they flow the same and simply different mountings? I was looking at making a new sub frame for the rear so a different mounting to have this fit would be nothing and very doable. Have not seen a RS250 to see how they mount at the front though looks different to the 125. Has anyone had both and can comment?
These bikes are not common in Sydney, hard to find pics that are detailed and good angles to tell on the net.

Stephen

coffee
06-27-2009, 02:03 AM
I am guessing this is something none of the 125 guys know about. Oh well

coffee
06-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Well, also running this thread on the 250 forum. Little more info there incase others are interested.

rotax122
06-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi,

You can't...the 250 tank is bigger and mounted on the frame in a different way than th 125.

coffee
06-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Rotax,
Have not seen a tank or clear pics to see the difference of the mounting. As far as I am aware the tank is a few litres more and the tank mounts from the rea and has a toungue that slides under the frame at the front. If I am further correct the tank has no out shell like the 125's. I am looking at it as I am making a custom subframe so the rear mounting is not real issue as this could be easily accomodated. The front mount is the real concern and people have said the tank is wider?
The 125 tank with outer shell is not light by any means, so just trying to weigh it all up and see if it can be used and any benifit.