PDA

View Full Version : Quote- life is not measured by the number of breaths you take?

jukey
06-23-2009, 08:59 PM
I've put this thread up in two sections because they are the two I've been reading:blah:
Hi All, As I lie here awaiting the healing of my knee after stepping off the mountainbike of all things, I can't help but ponder on some of the quotes and sayings you guys have. Some crazy, some wild and some, truely inspiring. Many have caught my attention and I've saved them to a file for later ponderings. There is one that I didn't save however, and now can't seem to find. It goes something like the title of this thread. " Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of times you take your breath away" Hopefully the member who has this quote sees this and corrects me if I have it wrong. I thought I'd start this thread for two reasons. One, to find out if I have that one correct. And two, to get all you guys with the good ones to list them here. Some of you may say "Whats this got to do with bikes?" My answer is, Isn't everything to do with bikes? Keep up the good work and keep it on the back wheel!!

Beau1K
06-23-2009, 09:02 PM
For sure it is:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away...

Harry H
06-24-2009, 03:17 AM
"Life is not measured....."

Think you'll find that's Windy's, sorry Martins. Usually found lurking on the Tuoldo forum.

windy
06-24-2009, 03:55 AM
I've put this thread up in two sections because they are the two I've been reading:blah:
Hi All, As I lie here awaiting the healing of my knee after stepping off the mountainbike of all things, I can't help but ponder on some of the quotes and sayings you guys have. Some crazy, some wild and some, truely inspiring. Many have caught my attention and I've saved them to a file for later ponderings. There is one that I didn't save however, and now can't seem to find. It goes something like the title of this thread. " Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of times you take your breath away" Hopefully the member who has this quote sees this and corrects me if I have it wrong. I thought I'd start this thread for two reasons. One, to find out if I have that one correct. And two, to get all you guys with the good ones to list them here. Some of you may say "Whats this got to do with bikes?" My answer is, Isn't everything to do with bikes? Keep up the good work and keep it on the back wheel!!

Hi

I use this quote in my signature but I stole it and have no idea where it came from.

It would be nice to know who said it first....I love it...:worship:

windy
06-24-2009, 03:57 AM
"Life is not measured....."

Think you'll find that's Windy's, sorry Martins. Usually found lurking on the Tuoldo forum.

Lurking!!....how very dare you....:crowbar: ;)

ARAIHEAD
06-24-2009, 04:17 AM
Hi

I use this quote in my signature but I stole it

Thieving twat!!:crowbar:

christo60
06-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Life is not measured....." is creditted to George Carlin. Yes THAT George Carlin! It was used by Hilary Cooper, whoever she is, and she is often mistaken as the originator! Okay I'll go back to lurking on the Capo forum now.

Harry H
06-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Life is not measured....." is creditted to George Carlin. Yes THAT George Carlin! It was used by Hilary Cooper, whoever she is, and she is often mistaken as the originator! Okay I'll go back to lurking on the Capo forum now.

Never heard of either of them:confused::confused:

Cannon
06-25-2009, 11:42 AM
It's also used in a film as a quote line but for the life of me I cannot remember which one :)