PDA

View Full Version : Convert to Ca Street legal?

ecogreek
06-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Im just wondering besides the Blinkers and tailights is there anything else that needs to be done to the RS 125? Such as for the exhaust or the engine?

Also for insurance purposes how would i insure this and any reccomendations on who i should go through?

And what is the difficulty for the project? Cause i was thinking of doing this as a project for my dad and I.

fnfalman
06-23-2009, 01:54 AM
There's only ONE person that I know of has a Cali plated 125. I don't know how they did it and they ain't saying. But California usually runs the VIN number and see whether or not it's street legal or "for offroad use only".

Anyway, you'd need the headlights, horn, blinkers, tail lights, reflectives, and of course exhaust. There's no Cali law (yet) on aftermarket exhaust but that usually comes after you register a bike. I don't even know where to get an emission compliant exhaust system except maybe buy one used from Britain or somewhere in Europe. But the problem is that the bike is derestricted and if you were to put the compliant exhaust on, you'll be running richer than heck. I don't even know if it would run at all.

Contact kneedragginchic on this forum and see if her Cali plated RS is still for sales.

Insurance is easy. Progressive will insure anything and that's who I'm insuring it through.

odie_trackie
06-23-2009, 09:53 AM
I talked to kneedragginchic and she sold her RS125 already.

fnfalman
06-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Since that AF1 has the full light/horn kit for sales now, buy it from them, hook up the harnesses, lights & horns and hope that DMV would plate yours. Maybe go to a bum fuck egypt DMV like maybe Bakersfield where they're less sensitive.

ecogreek
06-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Do they count how many times you attemt to get it plated? And yeah i definately wasnt going to do it in alameda county they are doches. I was gonna try in tracy or stockton. Suposedly they are super easy for drivers test to get your liscence.

fnfalman
06-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Tracy or Stockton may be bum fuck egypt enough to not to care.

Beau1K
06-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Alameda is pretty BFE IMO :D

HT! What's crakin' buddy??

Highway9Rider
06-24-2009, 03:12 AM
I hope you guys are pulling each others leg. Aint no way DMV is just going to plate an rs125 for the street unless you bribe someone that works there and has pull.

fnfalman
06-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Alameda is pretty BFE IMO :D

HT! What's crakin' buddy??
Alameda is still too close to the granola eaters in San Francisco. As far as what's crackin', not a fucking thing good. I'm in Bakersfield now and I might have to relocate again to bum fuck egypt Idaho in a couple of months. Not too happy about that prospect.

I hope you guys are pulling each others leg. Aint no way DMV is just going to plate an rs125 for the street unless you bribe someone that works there and has pull.

There is at least ONE Cali plated RS125. How it was done, I don't know. All I know is that mine is registered in the Great State of Tejas. Yeehaw, yippy kai ye!!!