PDA

View Full Version : Busted left rear turn signal. %^&$#*

quagmire
06-21-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't have a lot of room in my garage and was trying to squeeze past my RS125 and I hooked my left rear turn signal with my body. It snapped right off with zero resistance? :bangwall:

I found the replacement on AF1 site, (8127656 ) but it is $50.00 USD. Please tell me that the signals are designed to snap off easily to avoid damage to other more expensive parts and that there is a simple small part fix.

Any racers out there have a set they took off the racebike they would be willing to part with?

Thanks.

fnfalman
06-22-2009, 01:31 AM
These signal lights snap off very easily regardless of brands or makes.

random0082
06-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Might be just as cheap to buy a used one off UK eBAY and ship it over? In fact, it might be relatively cheap to pick up a used pair or set off UK Ebay for future use! you never know, handy spares

DanHam
06-22-2009, 08:17 AM
super glue

quagmire
06-22-2009, 04:46 PM
These signal lights snap off very easily regardless of brands or makes.

I wouldn't go that far. I hit a deer with my Honda CBR and it slid a long way on the the front signal. It was ground down a lot, but it never broke the stem or the mount. Unlike the Aprilia signal, it didn't take much at all and it is now dangling by the wire.

quagmire
06-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Might be just as cheap to buy a used one off UK eBAY and ship it over? In fact, it might be relatively cheap to pick up a used pair or set off UK Ebay for future use! you never know, handy spares

I'll look into that. Thanks.

super glue

THat will be my temp fix, but I hope it doesn't snap again while riding and end up in the back wheel. :eek: