PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft rearsets

frankd_nm
06-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Anybody know how much difference there is in the location of Woodcraft rearsets and the stock set?

odie_trackie
06-20-2009, 11:03 PM
The folks at Woodcraft are pretty helpful. I would say just drop them an email.
Usually they do around 1" up and back.

Steve / AF1 Racing
06-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Anybody know how much difference there is in the location of Woodcraft rearsets and the stock set?

They are way up from stock; more like 1.5 by 1.5.

Our racers under 5'10" didn't complain, but our taller rider (6'2") said the bike was unrideable with those rearsets.

There also is a revision needed on the rear brake pump mounting bracket. I strongly recommend not buying these until you hear from us or woodcraft that this is sorted. Without this revision the rear brake pump is not able to be mounted.

Stay tuned please.

jjt17
06-22-2009, 11:07 AM
i have no problems with my gilles rearsets, and the are adjustible

Steve / AF1 Racing
06-22-2009, 11:43 AM
i have no problems with my gilles rearsets, and the are adjustible

Yeah, we're looking a gilles too, but the issue comes with sourcing spares and the overall retail price. Both are big obstacles for racers. When the cost of footpegs is ~10% of the cost of the whole bike, you are looking at a hard sell.

odie_trackie
06-22-2009, 01:14 PM
What I really like about Woodcraft is that they make all their parts interchangeable. I have extra pegs and they will fit on my SV and my Mille and that means I will probably get them for the 125. But I am going wait till they get sorted out.

ceeco
06-22-2009, 10:51 PM
They are way up from stock; more like 1.5 by 1.5.

Our racers under 5'10" didn't complain, but our taller rider (6'2") said the bike was unrideable with those rearsets.

There also is a revision needed on the rear brake pump mounting bracket. I strongly recommend not buying these until you hear from us or woodcraft that this is sorted. Without this revision the rear brake pump is not able to be mounted.

Stay tuned please.

Hey Steve...I too felt the loss of leg room with the Woodcrafts and wondered if they were a mistake since I'm 6 feet tall. So today I'm working on the RS and decided to compare the stock vs. Woddcraft rearsets concerning peg position. Suprisingly in the lowest and most rear peg position of the Woodcraft the top of the peg surface is within 15mm of the stock rearsets. I had the bike on the rearstand so no useful measurements other than the direct comparison of the right side rearsets peg height. the main reason you cant replicate stock position is the fat daimeter of the Woodcraft peg....the stock peg is flat and low profile in comparison....but still only 15mm difference from where the sole of the boot woulld contact on both vertical and horizontal dimensions. I would of guessed much more! These rearsets only allow for tighter positions from the stock set up, and I agree probably best for riders 6 feet tall or less.

Steve / AF1 Racing
06-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Hey Steve...I too felt the loss of leg room with the Woodcrafts and wondered if they were a mistake since I'm 6 feet tall. So today I'm working on the RS and decided to compare the stock vs. Woddcraft rearsets concerning peg position. Suprisingly in the lowest and most rear peg position of the Woodcraft the top of the peg surface is within 15mm of the stock rearsets. I had the bike on the rearstand so no useful measurements other than the direct comparison of the right side rearsets peg height. the main reason you cant replicate stock position is the fat daimeter of the Woodcraft peg....the stock peg is flat and low profile in comparison....but still only 15mm difference from where the sole of the boot woulld contact on both vertical and horizontal dimensions. I would of guessed much more! These rearsets only allow for tighter positions from the stock set up, and I agree probably best for riders 6 feet tall or less.

Thanks Chuck, I'm glad you were able to put a hard number on the change. I knew that in the highest position they were no good for you or Jon, he only sat on the bike with the pegs at the lowest position, so 15mm up doesn't sound that bad...

Just got to get that brake pump mount re-manufactured and we'll be able to sell these things!

frankd_nm
06-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Wow, I'm glad I asked. That info about the brake mounting wouldn't have made me happy. It was probably going to be a month or so until I could budget for them, but looks like I'll just wait until everything is sorted out.

boggysv
12-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Just wondering if there are any updates to this?

btw, steve, do you have an email address for some questions?

Steve / AF1 Racing
12-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Just wondering if there are any updates to this?

btw, steve, do you have an email address for some questions?

Wow, that's pretty good worm hole navigation there.

We've had the rearsets sorted and ready for sale for over five months.

I can be emailed direct at steve@af1racing.com

boggysv
12-16-2009, 12:33 AM
I broke my pedal today, which is why I'm here right now goggling for rearsets :(

Anyways, YGM.

odie_trackie
12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I have a set and they are pretty cool. I got the full GP shift version, but I am still using the stock shift pedal.

fnfalman
01-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Mine doesn't seem to cause any loss in leg room, but then I'm a shortlegged fucker anyway.

becyk
02-02-2010, 12:23 AM
... but then I'm a shortlegged fucker anyway.

That's funny, my wife says that about me. :WTF: