PDA

View Full Version : fuck this shop!!

Petrloch
06-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Just want share experience with this shop:

http://www.rg-racing.com//default.aspx

ask the guy for right hand side complete front engine protector, he told me no problem 35, ok ordered and today came just bobbin with bolt so I called them and they set: yes its normal you have to pay another 13 and postage....me: I told you i need it complete......no no no..bla bla bla...ok can I return it then? yes, but I will charge you 25% handling fee:WTF::bond:

never ever again!!! its not about the many(ist peanuts), just how arogant he was....realy piss me off

ARAIHEAD
06-12-2009, 09:47 AM
:bs: I've dealt with them loads of times & always found them to be helpfull & dilligent in all aspects of thier business. :cheers:

Harry H
06-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Maybe they were confused. It would appear that getting your message across in a coherent manner is not a strong point:rolleyes::rolleyes:

fatjim
06-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah, but you don;t need to be an English major (or captain) to understand complete.

Morgan
06-12-2009, 04:38 PM

ask the guy for right hand side complete front engine protector, he told me no problem 35, ok ordered and today came just bobbin with bolt so I called them and they set: yes its normal you have to pay another 13 and postage....me: I told you i need it complete......no no no..bla bla bla...ok can I return it then? yes, but I will charge you 25% handling fee:WTF::bond:

never ever again!!! its not about the many(ist peanuts), just how arogant he was....realy piss me off

Well Petr,

if you'd read the threads on RG racing here a few weeks ago, you'll see that 4 weeks later, they still haven't fookin' replied to my order for a new set of crash protectors!

Those muppets are too busy racing their own tuned bikes to bother with their shop. They should really hire a sexy customer sales assistant to sort out their emails and phone orders instead of letting their reputation get screwed.

They're not bad guys - they're just not as good at their customer services as their products :(

If you want RG stuff, you're better ordering through another shop and getting them as a supplier to order from RG. That way you don't get the postage charges.

Romeocalling
06-13-2009, 02:54 AM
ask the guy for right hand side complete front engine protector, he told me no problem 35, ok ordered and today came just bobbin with bolt so I called them and they set: yes its normal you have to pay another 13 and postage....me: I told you i need it complete......no no no..bla bla bla...ok can I return it then? yes, but I will charge you 25% handling fee

After the trackday at Brands when I saw your crash protectors I asked my dealer about getting me a set.

1 month later - still no answer.

Are you still up for Rockingham/Mallory? Maybe a ride out to Cornwall until I get a set of crash protectors instead? :)

I

hairy
06-13-2009, 10:06 AM
need anything dudes,these guys are higly recommended
http://www.RSVR.net
:cheers:
if its not on the web site,give them a phone,very helpful

Petrloch
06-13-2009, 01:25 PM
As set Morgan, I like their products but that guy at customer service is p...k....anyway Ive got great ride today so don't care anymore:)

And yes I'm not english, but this is not the case;)

Petrloch
06-13-2009, 01:28 PM
After the trackday at Brands when I saw your crash protectors I asked my dealer about getting me a set.

1 month later - still no answer.

Are you still up for Rockingham/Mallory? Maybe a ride out to Cornwall until I get a set of crash protectors instead? :)

I

Don't wait for dealer, it will take ages...buy it online (not THAT shop;) )...always happy with Busters:cheers:

still prefer go to track day, much more fun than road :)

ARAIHEAD
06-13-2009, 03:05 PM
prefer go to track day, much more fun than road :)

I prefer road, much less money than track ;)

Petrloch
06-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Yeah true, but don't know many twisty roads south of london :(

And don't tell me to move :D

TuonoV
06-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Petrloch,
Get yourself the BMF's motorcycle map - has got good biking roads marked on it, and I found a fair few good roads i didnt know where there!

I am south east of london too

Tifa
06-14-2009, 05:25 AM
I prefer track, much less oncomming traffic than road :p:

Romeocalling
06-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Don't wait for dealer, it will take ages...buy it online (not THAT shop;) )...always happy with Busters:cheers:

still prefer go to track day, much more fun than road :)

Petr -

I'm okay for 28th .... 21st this month is a bit of a stretch! I doubt I'll have a set of R&G crash protectors before I go, so I'm going to ride like a slow train!

Romeo

motoman
06-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Fookin' 'ell, Mate. :gunner:

DeBenGuzzi
06-15-2009, 02:49 AM
if SOMEONE else made can crash protectors I wouldn't have gone with R&G, their customer service IS dreadful, I've worked with them a few times, first trying to get crash protectors but response was so slow on the question I asked I gave up(should have learned) ordered the can protectors and took ALMOST 3 months to the day to get them with no replied emails, also icing on the cake is the protectors don't even match as one appears to be from an earlier style they sit on the cans differently and one has a metal heat shield and the other doesn't also the logo for R&G on one side is half rubbed off, think I'll just go ahead and buff'm both out, I DO NOT recommend R&G products through direct contact. stick to local guys.
I've tried to get steffen to make a set of front crash protectors for the aprilia so I can rock rhino's all around but he just hasn't gotten to it, he did say he could make me some pucks to fit any existing slider mounts which would be great if I trusted R&G to send me the parts
I have woodcrafts now but I don't really trust them with some of the pictures I've seen, they're pretty for sure but offer the possibility of more damage than without them.

jukey
06-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Stuff r&g then. I got set of these for less than half the price of r&gs. They look good and will do exactly the same job.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160293451871

check em out, oh and i'm not the seller, just a happy customer

jukey
06-15-2009, 11:46 AM
stuff r&g then, check these out. I got a set for less than half the cost of r&gs. They look good and will do the same job. Ohhh, I'm not the seller either, just a happy customer. a week and you should have them.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CRASH-BOBBINS-FRAME-SLIDERS-APRILIA-TUONO-2006-2007_W0QQitemZ160293451871QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Mo torcycle_Parts?hash=item25523bf85f&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1| 293%3A1|294%3A50

TumchfunO
06-15-2009, 03:15 PM

Track also has some human waving a yellow flag at you when there is a danger around the next bend, unlike the road.

Aldo
06-15-2009, 05:02 PM

I assume a complete right hand engine protector is more than a crash bobbin with bolt?
Aldo.

vtxbrit
06-15-2009, 06:36 PM
I recently ordered a R&G tailtidy (not the cheapest by far but I was told the best for quality) in the instructions it clearly states "use the existing bolts" CRAP the back bolts are about 10mm to short so I had to go and buy new bolts, when you pay top dollar for something you would expect it to at least be complete, I was also very disapointed with the guys short answer when I phoned the R&G factory. :pissed:

Petrloch
06-16-2009, 06:52 AM
I assume a complete right hand engine protector is more than a crash bobbin with bolt?
Aldo.

yes, there is aluminium piece mounted to engine mount and the bobbin is bolted to that piece-very good design and I'm sure it will work much better than just bobbin with long bolt mounted to engine.....and that piece is missing.....