PDA

View Full Version : 34mm carb jetting

tekebird
06-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I was told to expect a 160 main and 40 idle.

what have you guys had to change to.

I will be running the arrow exhaust with this setup:burnout:

tekebird
06-22-2009, 07:02 PM
ok Reeds and cage just showed up....anyone already put these on thiers and can share some jettng/tuning advice?

Micah / AF1 Racing
06-22-2009, 10:05 PM
The main is pretty close, the 40 pilot as I recently found out, less than close. I am being led to believe and I do, that the 60 pilot is a better choice. You want to damn near drown two strokes on the pilot for those times when you close the throttle with a hot piston, an un-burnable rich mixture of fuel and oil cools the piston and prevents seizure. Getting it to idle right may be challenging though.

I ended up slightly larger on the main for safety after removing the airbox intake funnel all together and the needle up one position. I wired the TPS to wide open but this did not measurably make any difference in ignition timing. There are other ways to make a "bulk" timing change though, if you think on this you will find two ways. I have found about 4 but the learning process is quite slow due to a heavy non project work load.

Get a larger pilot and see if you can make that work. I have some on order due to my lack of proper investigation.