PDA

View Full Version : RSV4 dyno

nighttrain101
06-06-2009, 07:57 AM
well I got this off of akrapovic's web site

looks like aprilia ws not to far off saying 180 HP.. I know these test are subjective but thought you guys would enjoy..

http://www.akrapovic.com/typo3conf/ext/user_products/mod1/uploads/products/racing_evolution_exhaust_system_for_the_aprilia_rs v4_2009_/036ce46be4b8f264e6c1141431801ad9.jpg

rx7tt95
06-06-2009, 10:51 AM
First, welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you here.

We appreciate the dyno but it's already been discussed in a different thread. It's usually a good idea to do a search first to make sure it's not a repost. Not a big deal :)

Aprilia and other manufacturers always quote hp measurements at the front sprocket, not the rear wheel. There's a percentage loss of power at the rear compared to what the engine is actually putting out. So what you're seeing in the Akra dyno is rear wheel hp. More than likely, the RSV4 in the dyno is making more than 180 engine hp. If you search for the Masterbike thread in the RSV4 section, I posted a dyno comparing the RSV4 to seven other liter bikes. It's a good read.

Judging by your first post, you're interested in the RSV4. First Aprilia? What do you ride now?

06-06-2009, 11:21 AM
nighttrain101

good stuff I did not know that... thanks for the post and welcome

RSV4ME
06-09-2009, 04:16 AM
A 25hp gain at 7000rpm is pretty bloody amaizing! :happy:

usthomsen
06-09-2009, 06:31 AM
A 25hp gain at 7000rpm is pretty bloody amaizing! :happy:

EHHH! that will be the tourq curver. Itīs the other long straight one that will be the HP curve.

:crowbar:

rx7tt95
06-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Ok, could some of you UK fellas get an aftermarket exhaust installed and dyno'd already???? I mean what's the delay here? :cheers:

mrgrn
06-09-2009, 11:02 PM
i second that

06-09-2009, 11:47 PM
3rd it LOL

Rich22
06-10-2009, 03:04 AM
Hey i'm on it but still waiting for racefit or maybe Akra but I don't like the looks of either. It looks like i'm gonna build my own to look like the M1. Arrow have a slip-on but looks old and no chart yet.

No rush can't get it run in it's raining non stop:mad:

Mrgrn, wish you were over here mate, job done.

Rich22
06-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Akra full systems now in stock but just not sure on the looks!

badrags
06-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Dude! Get it!! Its the cat's a$$

revdecal
06-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Got mine Rich! Sexy bit of kit in the flesh, you really cant beat Akra for build quality!
Nice removable baffle in there to make life easier but to be honest, the can is nice and long so i dont think noise will be an issue.

Just need the bloody bike now!!
Hopefully on the weekend?

v4fac
06-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Get some pics up then revcal. Has it got a BS stamp?
Did you go for the Stainless?

revdecal
06-10-2009, 12:23 PM
I can post some pics on the weekend because it is at the dealers at the moment waiting to be joined with its host!!
Went for stainless because performance figures are exactly the same as titanium without the issues of wear ( Titanium has a tendency to 'blow' holes within a relatively short time).
Didnt even look for the BS stamp as it will be mostly on the track but i will let you know.

You would not believe the beauty of the engineering though, well worth the money i say.

Rich22
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Do you think it's a do it yourself fit? what do the instructions look like mate

rx7tt95
06-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Anyone close to Racefit? Technically we know how well the full system does based on akra's data but I'd love to see results from a pure slip on. I'm willing to bet racefit could modify one of their existing cans like the growler in short order.

Rich22
06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
I have spoken to racefit and if I take my bike up they will do a system that day that we agree on then make it for real soon as. The dyno shows around a 5bhp gain mid range for the slip-on and about 2 up top but that's on a new not run in engine so could ultimately end up with more. It's not as impressive as the Akra full system but how accurate is that graph i wonder!

What to do:confused:

06-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Got mine Rich! Sexy bit of kit in the flesh, you really cant beat Akra for build quality!
Nice removable baffle in there to make life easier but to be honest, the can is nice and long so i dont think noise will be an issue.

Just need the bloody bike now!!
Hopefully on the weekend?

why would a race akra exhaust be quite??? :eek:
I would think noise would be a issue unless you don't mind

06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
rich

do it man do it :) full system is calling ur name

revdecal
06-10-2009, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=007;2202606]why would a race akra exhaust be quite??? :eek:
I would think noise would be a issue unless you don't mind[/QU

In the Uk there is a strict 105db limit for all race meets and track days (98db for some tracks) because of all the pencil pushing do gooders over here!
As a result, last year a lot of the bikes with stubby cans (my race R6 for example) failed the noise tests and were not allowed to race!

A contributing factor was that the cans are getting shorter so there is far less baffling to bring the noise down, the RSV4 does not suffer from this problem due to the size of the can.

Akrapovic have worked very hard at getting a system that not only works but also meets these requirements.:)

06-10-2009, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=007;2202606]why would a race akra exhaust be quite??? :eek:
I would think noise would be a issue unless you don't mind[/QU

In the Uk there is a strict 105db limit for all race meets and track days (98db for some tracks) because of all the pencil pushing do gooders over here!
As a result, last year a lot of the bikes with stubby cans (my race R6 for example) failed the noise tests and were not allowed to race!

A contributing factor was that the cans are getting shorter so there is far less baffling to bring the noise down, the RSV4 does not suffer from this problem due to the size of the can.

Akrapovic have worked very hard at getting a system that not only works but also meets these requirements.:)

ahhhhhh I got you...... That makes scenes.. yeah laguna seca has that dumb as rule still I think...

Well I want loud 102db sounds good to me.. I hope the full system is loud... I like waking up my neighbors.. I live gated community when I'm on my 1098R I will ride it in 1st of second gear to let everyone know i'm home :fangs:

Diablo1
06-10-2009, 03:53 PM
It's not as impressive as the Akra full system but how accurate is that graph i wonder!

Akra = $500 per horsepower.
What's impressive, other than how little gain for spending big $?
There is no huge torque gain...look at the graph axis for torque.

Rich22
06-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Yep I agree I reckon racefit is calling:burnout: and it will look the nuts

mrgrn
06-10-2009, 07:12 PM
I have spoken to racefit and if I take my bike up they will do a system that day that we agree on then make it for real soon as. The dyno shows around a 5bhp gain mid range for the slip-on and about 2 up top but that's on a new not run in engine so could ultimately end up with more. It's not as impressive as the Akra full system but how accurate is that graph i wonder!

if i had a bike to play with i can have a slip-on done in no time wit custom muffler built to suit

the racefit stuff is shiote IMO and i have seen the cans blow apart in no time and they weld their can to thie pipe so no way to fix or change them

if somebody really wants inexpensive full exhausts help me get a akra for test fit i will buy it and then i can do fulls for like $1600-$1800

wished we had USA bikes as i would be making at least 2 style slips and 1 full