PDA

View Full Version : exhaust cans for V11 Ballabio?

ergozoom
05-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Any recomendations for louder cans? I'm told the stock ones cannot be cored.:cheers:

RossGuzzi
05-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Try Staintune. Google it. They are v/good quality.

SF2DieHard
05-20-2009, 09:30 PM
a couple of my friends have V10 Centauro's. one has Staintune (with a removable cap at the end of the muffler - very good sound)

the other gent has Bub Bad dogs and those pipes are Monstrous!!!! You _Will_ get the attention of the police with the Bub pipes.

D-Master

pete roper
05-21-2009, 01:35 AM
I've got Staintunes on my Scura and they are nice without being offensive but you'll probably need a map modifier to get the best out of 'em.

Pete

FalcoLion
05-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Here you go http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1623517&postcount=22

Let me know (PM) if you like it. These come in Carbon, SS or Ti with Carbon cap

ergozoom
05-21-2009, 09:53 PM
thanks for the replies; those M4 look fantastic!:worship:

NWTuono
06-10-2009, 01:42 PM
A friend with a V11 got FastbyFerracci carbon fiber cans. I believe they are made by Gianelli. It sounds so sweet that you get wood.

ergozoom
06-14-2009, 11:38 AM
I found a used set of Ferracci's that are on their way; can't wait to get them on!

mrgrn
06-14-2009, 12:23 PM
i can get you mufflers too custom

SF2DieHard
06-14-2009, 02:41 PM
A friend with a V11 got FastbyFerracci carbon fiber cans. I believe they are made by Gianelli. It sounds so sweet that you get wood.

That is a critically important feature in an exhaust system. I let a friend ride my '99 Laverda 750S (with the Termi's) and when I heard him hit the throttle I thought "there can _not_ be a dry pair of panties within a mile of _that_ sound".

D-Master

NWTuono
06-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I found a used set of Ferracci's that are on their way; can't wait to get them on!

Check with FastByFerracci...I believe my buddy also got some type of crossover pipe that they have and they highly recommended it. Micha did all the work for him after he got the parts. I have first right-of-refusal on that bike if he ever wants to sell it. He added a lot of carbon fiber and it is one of the sweetest sounding, finest looking Guzzis I've seen. I thought I had a picture of it, but couldn't find it.

ergozoom
06-17-2009, 01:10 PM
They're on and sound fantastic, just like my other Guzzi which already had them when I bought it. This bike already :cheers:has a crossover and a PC!!!:cheers:

NWTuono
06-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Post a picture. I kick myself for not taking advantage of some of the deals Moto International had on V11s. I keep my eye out for a deal on one...the garage could hold one more bike.

JAndrewG
06-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Post a picture. I kick myself for not taking advantage of some of the deals Moto International had on V11s. I keep my eye out for a deal on one...the garage could hold one more bike.

...like they do now on RSVRs and Tuonos? They had a great deal on a 2v Grizo when I was in last too.

Do tell, what was the deal on a V11, and when? I love the V11- just love the thing. Want one someday...

NWTuono
06-18-2009, 11:06 AM
The V11 deals are long gone. Those deals were vintage 2005-06. They had the Ballabio, the Sport, and the standard V11. I can't remember the prices (maybe $8-9K ?), but they were good enough that only a fool would pass them up. I stand convicted...

After my friend got his Cafe Sport, we attended the Cycle World bike show. The publisher of Moto-Euro magazine was there. They had done a V11 project bike for a series of 2003 magazine articles and had a full carbon fiber kit on the shelf collecting dust. They made my buddy a screaming deal on the CF and set him up with FBF, who made him another screaming deal on the exhaust system. He changed out the clip-ons for a set of bars from a Tuono. I will try to get him to send me a picture. I love my Tuono, but that Guzzi is definitely a one-of-a-kind, almost a duplicate of the Moto-Euro project bike. He has offered to trade, and sometimes it takes a while to say no.

http://www.moto-euro.com/sample_article_9.htm

SF2DieHard
06-18-2009, 10:41 PM
The _worst_ thing about those great sounding pipes on a Guzzi is how much better a 90 degree V-Twin sounds than the Laverda's parallel twin engine. Damn you.

D-Master

ergozoom
06-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Easy fix for you; get a Guzzi and rid yourself of hte La Wierda !

SF2DieHard
06-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Sigh. I did get rid of the Laverda. And the Ambassador too. I could slam a brick into my own face for doing that. Now I'm thinking that the best bike in the world for me (and the wife!) is a Bassa. With some throaty pipes. I liked the fish-tails that one guy had. Nice low tone without being too loud.

I am contemplating trading the Falco for a Bassa if I can find an interested party.

D-Master

Dan M
06-20-2009, 09:58 PM
I have the M4s on my LeMans. They sound great. Somewhat louder than stock with a nice thump. Add an FBF crossover and it really sings. MPH in Houston sells them.

NWTuono
08-27-2010, 12:47 AM
I just ran across the picture of my buddy's V11 yesterday. This was from the 2006 Italian Concourse in Seattle. I'd still like to get my hands on this bike.

pete roper
08-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Heres an expensive one but it looks nice.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1919410864.html

pete

abouc
08-28-2010, 09:52 AM
I just ran across the picture of my buddy's V11 yesterday. This was from the 2006 Italian Concourse in Seattle. I'd still like to get my hands on this bike.

Beautiful bike. That carbon fiber flyscreen is nice.

DeBenGuzzi
08-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Any recomendations for louder cans? I'm told the stock ones cannot be cored.:cheers:

OHHHHHH those are lies, you can core them but you'll need to remove the end cap and get a BIG fn drill bit at least a 18in long and a drill that can handle it. My uncle had a welding shop I went over to his place and cored them out and they were LOUDER than MG Ti' or Mistrals so if you like the look of stock it can be done

that being said I didn't really care for the stock look and ended up with FBF and the x over. I miss that bike :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Kegan/DSC_3958.jpg