PDA

View Full Version : Finally "done" with some mods on the MV

1983Merman
05-11-2009, 07:26 PM
For now at least...unless I sell a bike to continue funding my habit...

1. As purchased
2. Carbonization round 1...plus wheels and full exhaust
3/4. Complete carbonization
5/6. Meshing finally added....

zvez
05-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Very nice!

bigzona
05-11-2009, 07:53 PM
WOW!! Pretty amazing bro.

Just in case you are curious, I don't like you. Pretty awesome, keep up the good work.

1983Merman
05-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Ok...so I lied...just picked up a BST carbon rear wheel for a steal....now just need to do the same for the front....may go ahead and put the rear on this weekend anyhow...will post up if I do...

01dabreoo
05-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Someone needs to pick my jaw up off the floor!

1983Merman
05-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Oh well, since it takes a solid 40-45 seconds to do a rear wheel swap on the MV, I went ahead and threw on the BST...figure Kuneff will beat on me about it this weekend otherwise....

RSVDon
05-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Did I mention that I hate you?

Bike is absolutley gorgeous man! I love it! Nice job. :cheers:

Miticale
05-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Very impressive

1983Merman
05-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Well, the bike survived Kuneff today...didn't fair quite as well against the rampant newly laid blacktop...lot of cleaning to do. First solid ride with the BST...performed admirably....jsut gotta find someone who wants to give away a front...or trade for some Brembos....

Kuneff
05-26-2009, 07:39 AM
OHHHHHHhhhhhhhh WOW.... I just came in here to post a thread about getting to ride an MV... :D

What an AMAZING bike.... Lance, you are the man. :D If you even think about trading or selling that bike, please let me know first.... I have an RSV and an SXV that would love to be sitting in your garage. :D

I was amazed at the power that bike has. I rolled in it at about 4500 rpm and it just started pulling.... hard.... and kept pulling harder and harder till about 12k. Seat is as hard as a brick, yet the riding position your in just makes it soooooo comfortable.

I am totally amazed by the engineering of the MV. I am hoping to get a new bike next year, however I did not expect to be buying another SXV this year, so it may hinder my plans... However.... my next bike will be an MV Agusta 312R.

I hate to buy anything other than Aprilia with as good as the guys at Xtreme treat me, but I am sure they would understand. Maybe I will get lucky and they will start selling MV's by then... Allen, tell them to ditch Suzuki and pick up MV.

1983Merman
05-26-2009, 08:26 AM
DK - you haven't really even ridden it yet...you need to go down to VIR with me in August (hitting North and South tracks)...then we'll have some fun...

Figure out that front wheel wiggle yet on the SXV?

Kuneff
05-26-2009, 10:49 AM
DK - you haven't really even ridden it yet...you need to go down to VIR with me in August (hitting North and South tracks)...then we'll have some fun...

Figure out that front wheel wiggle yet on the SXV?

It doesn't seem to be doing it as bad now. Both of them did it at high speeds, just the wind hitting the handle bars and front fender from what I have read.

I would absolutely LOVE to ride an/your MV on a track, however.... I gotta hold off on that until I have my own. It would be bad enough to have something go wrong and crash my own, but even worse to crash someone else's. I really think I could fly on the track with an MV. It just seemed like the bike was begging to be ran harder.

Whats the dates in August??? I am wanting to try out the Patriot course down there with the SXV.

1983Merman
05-26-2009, 11:05 AM
You know DK - they make track fairings and sliders and the such for just that reason:peace:...heck, at least you know that if you put it down at the track you won't be horribly or irreversibly injured...because I'd have to kill you:D...heck, its insured...we'd just have to get our story straight first...

August 2 (South), August 3 (North)...we could go Sept 13/14 and do Patriot/North...no reason to go all the way down for just one day....Just need to get XTREME to sponsor us...seeing as we both have 2 Aprilias and would be riding them at the track....not to mention the Suzuki track bike which they could at least pseudo-sponsor:D

Joe07
05-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Wow that may be the best looking bike EVER.

Kuneff
06-02-2009, 01:18 PM
so Lance, did you get the carbon fiber front wheel yet????

1983Merman
06-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Not yet...waiting to find one second hand (hopefully) - those suckers are expensive brand new. Can't spend too much on 'em since it is pretty much for the aesthetics - the Brembo Superlights are not significantly heavier...hopeing that with the 7-spoke BSTs out now, there might be some older 5-spokes floating around the market...

Kuneff
06-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Wanna trade???? You need another RSV. :D

1983Merman
06-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Wanna trade???? You need another RSV. :D

Sweet...did you pick up a new RSV4:happy:...test ride first or course...

So how was Beaver with EMS??...may be available for the 21st btw...

Kuneff
06-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Sweet...did you pick up a new RSV4:happy:...test ride first or course...

So how was Beaver with EMS??...may be available for the 21st btw...

It was a fun time... I loved it... Let me know if your able to go the 21st... Im already registered. I can't wait!!!

No RSV4. still have the 07 RSVR.

1983Merman
07-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey Kuneff...got the MV ready for VIR this weekend...(sorry about the grainy pic...used my phone)...

You doing any trackdays in the near future? Done any since the issues at Summit?...married man now right?? Planning on Beaver in September...drop me a line - peace, L.

SPEKTRE76
07-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Wow I really, really, really hate you! I am suffering from extreme jealousy! VERY nice work done on your MV brother!

mjosmadness
08-14-2009, 11:16 PM
WOW!! Pretty amazing bro.

Just in case you are curious, I don't like you. Pretty awesome, keep up the good work.

agreed. incidentally, if you need a place to keep the fleet while you clean your garage, my place is avalable.

apriliatuono7
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
The bike is fantastic! Where did you bought the carbon fiber parts? I am looking on ebay and some oter pages for those parts.

Toni

jrflanne
03-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Did I mention that I hate you?

Bike is absolutley gorgeous man! I love it! Nice job. :cheers:

+1 :worship:

1983Merman
03-16-2010, 04:58 PM
The bike is fantastic! Where did you bought the carbon fiber parts? I am looking on ebay and some oter pages for those parts.

Toni

Well, somewhat complicated...

1) The ones that I put the red mesh on/tail fairing I got from emoto...would not recommend them - terrible customer service...reason for some of the decals is to cover up defects

2) The track fairings I got from Fast by Ferraci...they were used when I got them

3) Have another set of mids and the carbon air tubes I got via ebay from Croatia...but can't remember who it was - excellent pieces, better than the emoto stuff

4) Also got small carbon parts from Vesuvio...wire loom covers, panel inserts, chain guards, etc....

Hope that helps...

apriliatuono7
03-17-2010, 06:14 AM
Thank you for you answer Lance. I looked at Ferraci page but there was no products for MV ( This category doesn't have anything in it, but check back soon! ).
The emoto have huge prices: air tubes 890 pounds, at 2race page 245€=220 pounds; side fairings 600 pounds, at 2race 420€=370 pounds..

I found this e-shop ( www.carbon2race.com ) and their stuff seems to be very good. I already sent an email to the owner and he sent me the list of parts that he produce at the moment. In the shop he has side fairings, front and rear fender and air tubes, but he produces also airbox, seat unit and front fairing. If somebody have bought something from him, please let me know.

1983Merman
03-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Thank you for you answer Lance. I looked at Ferraci page but there was no products for MV ( This category doesn't have anything in it, but check back soon! ).
The emoto have huge prices: air tubes 890 pounds, at 2race page 245€=220 pounds; side fairings 600 pounds, at 2race 420€=370 pounds..

I found this e-shop ( www.carbon2race.com ) and their stuff seems to be very good. I already sent an email to the owner and he sent me the list of parts that he produce at the moment. In the shop he has side fairings, front and rear fender and air tubes, but he produces also airbox, seat unit and front fairing. If somebody have bought something from him, please let me know.

Bruno Štravs - that is the guy I got the carbon stuff on ebay from (he is also the guy at carbon2race) - I would DEFINITELY recommend - shipping was slow (to the US), but the items were excellent - not superthin, nice and flexible, great finish - and they were pre-drilled (except wire loom mounts on airtubes...but spots were marked for drilling) - better and cheaper than emoto without the customer relations nitemare...