PDA

View Full Version : May race results from ASR

frankd_nm
05-08-2009, 03:21 PM
So, finished the 3rd race weekend of the season out at ASR and was thrilled with the results. The best I did was a 4th in the lightweight GP race. Trailing behind 2 SV650's and a Honda RS250. Not great, but I was really happy about my times. I shaved a little over 4 seconds off my previous best time!

Sorry to say that it's not due to any changes I made to the bike, just starting to grow a pair and get around the track better.

I will say that the Michelin Power One's seem to be doing really well for me. I've put 3 race weekends (9 total races) and a trackday on them and they've performed nicely. I might try to squeeze another race out of them, depending on what my bank account looks like next month.

Also, now that I've broken in my second RS125 I can get a better feel for what kind of improvement the vForce reeds are making. Seems to be a better improvement than I first thought. The bike with the vForce really seems to rev a bit faster and way smoother than the bike with the stock reeds.

The front rotor on the race bike is looking pretty fried now. Going to have to do something about that. I think for now I'll just de-glaze the rotor and pads, but I'm going to have to plan on doing more work on it when time and budget allows. If anybody out there has found a "cheap" solution, please share.

Anyhow, so far I've been really happy with the bike(s). I even managed to reach 100mph during practice last week. With a good 30mph tail wind. LOL These things make for really fun track bikes, so pick one up and go for a ride!

See ya at the races!

Gman2005
05-08-2009, 05:18 PM
hey mate, well done with the race mate. You should watch out for the VF3 block. They are designed for the KTM engine and the reeds hit the sides of the barrel. So they don't last too long, just keep an eye on them mate.

Gman

frankd_nm
05-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the tip Gman. I'm planning on a top end inspection after the June race. I'll have 2 months to tear into it and do work before the next race, so I'll take a close look at the reeds then.