PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and info please!

Hoop71
05-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Just wanted to intoduce myself.

Just picked up my red 2009 Mana today! Love it already!

Only put on about 15kms so far as its been wet shitty weather today.

Purchased the side cases as well. Will post pics asap.

I do have 1 question.
I purchased my bike here in Vancouver Canada and we use the metric system so speeds are measured in kms/h but the speedo on my Mana has the large numbers in MPH. Not a huge deal but I would prefer kms/h as that is what I am used to.

Is it possible to change just the face? Or do I have to do the entire pod?
Any other Canadian owners with MPH as the big numbers on speedo?

Anyways I am looking forward to many hours on my new mana!

Cheers,
Dan

tha-mask
05-07-2009, 05:04 AM
Thats interesting because here in the UK the dial has Kmh for the main dial with MPH on the inner, much rather have it the other way around. What do other people have ??

SnowMonkey
05-07-2009, 09:46 AM
The problem is: the guy in Europe is very confused about our standards. I apparently have the same issue, but in the States the MPH on the speedometer is indeed correct. But my odometer reads KM and nowhere in the manual they gave me, does it have the fix. An email to the dealer brought the reply to call the service guy...maybe he knows. Actually, I'm OK with it the way it is, it keeps my brain active.

shadyman
05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
toggle the display to diagnostics, then enter code 12321 & you will see another menu. you can then change km. to miles. Also you can clear the sevice-wrench icon that comes on at 1000km. It's called coupon.

SilverFoxUno
05-07-2009, 04:10 PM
I think he means the speedometer rather than the odometer, Shady - but you're right...you can switch between miles and KMs, as well as L/KM instead of MPG and F versus C for air temp.

If the speedo was digital, it, too, might be switchable - my VFR allows me to switch.

Jim web
05-08-2009, 06:17 PM
I live in the state's my bike has the mph speedometer, the dealer switched everything in the digital part to us measurement's. Hoop if your bike was sold in Canada you would think they would sell you one like The mask has, since Canada uses the metric system.