PDA

View Full Version : Red warning light & EFI code will not go off?

Christine
04-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi
I recently purchased a 2009 Aprilia RS125, I have done 350 miles.
The red warning light had came on along with the EFI code, I checked the oil under the seat and it was running pretty low so I filled it up with Fully Synthetic 2 stroke oil.However the red warning light and EFI code remain, should the light's have automatically went off? or is there something I need to do to the bike to get it off?
One Aprilia garage said to take the cap off were the sensors are to check the float (which I didn't feel confident doing)however I couldn't get this off:(
Does anyone have any ideas?
This is my first bike so really worried.

Thanks
Christine

Christine
04-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi
I recently purchased a 2009 Aprilia RS125, I have done 350 miles.
The red warning light had came on along with the EFI code, I checked the oil under the seat and it was running pretty low so I filled it up with Fully Synthetic 2 stroke oil.However the red warning light and EFI code remain, should the light's have automatically went off? or is there something I need to do to the bike to get it off?
One Aprilia garage said to take the cap off were the sensors are to check the float (which I didn't feel confident doing)however I couldn't get this off:(
Does anyone have any ideas?
This is my first bike so really worried.

Thanks
Christine

maxiboi247
04-20-2009, 04:15 PM
check that the 2 wires are connected properly to the sensor in the tank

Micah / AF1 Racing
04-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Could be any number of things, but the last one I had with the same issue was a TPS sensor that was bad? I am going to move this to the 125cc section to get you a little better feedback.

Dealer should be able to diagnose via Axone and see what errors are active.

ThisEndUp
04-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Do the warnings still appear even after you've switched the ignition off and then on again?

Allen Noland
04-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Low oil will cause a red warning light and an oil icon to come on, not an EFI warning.

frankd_nm
04-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Mine did the same thing when I had the TPS adjusted wrong. I uninstalled the TPS sensor, reinstalled it correctly and the warnings went away.

Socket
04-24-2009, 06:32 PM
mine is on the same way...But I don't have a TPS sensor, which is why!

billyholman
02-02-2010, 03:37 PM
I had the same problem, and i took it to an aprilla dealer, and they plugged my bike into this machine, and told me exactly what the light was on for, it was on for 3 things, which they could fix, TPS etc... But the other 1 was that it had been tampered with.

Old Geezer
02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
You had the bike when the light came on? I ask, cos the light comes on if you try to drill the CDI like on earlier models. Doesn't work, just puts the light on. I'm guessing from your use of language you are UK based, so have a 11Kw Euro 3 bike?

STEPHEND161
04-03-2010, 02:16 PM
how do you reset the TPS sensor and wear exactly is it??

Socket
04-03-2010, 03:25 PM
how do you reset the TPS sensor and wear exactly is it??

If you can't locate it, I'm not sure i'd recommend you messing with it.

STEPHEND161
04-03-2010, 06:40 PM
come on it cant be that hard how will we ever lurn if you guys dont help us.

as far as im aware its on the carb right but all my other rs 125s have been to old to have one but my newest rs 125 is an 07 and just wanted to know how youd repos it.
im a bit rusty with my new rs as i havent had one in a few years b4 getting this one so need to get back into the swing of things..

as far as i know and hopefully its right but the tps is a Potentiometer that reads resistonce to determin the posissition of the throttle?
hope i havent just made myself look any more stupid.