PDA

View Full Version : Different Stroke

coffee
04-08-2009, 03:22 AM
Guys,
Is it possible to use a crank from another motor with a shorter stroke to chase more revs. Does anyone have any suggestions as to cranks that can be used?

Socket
04-08-2009, 06:01 PM
shorter stroke? how is it not already super short? Honestly, with all these threads, what the hell are you trying to build? If you're trying to build a MotoGP copy, then I'd recommend buying an ex-motogp 125..There are always a couple around for sale.

FUERA.....1
04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Coffee,

Have you actually done any of the mods uve metioned in your numerous threads?
You seem to be trying to re-invent the wheel? lol

coffee
04-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Have not done any of them yet Fuera, fitted the reed block and buying a peunmatic power valve today. Still awaiting await EBC springs, already ordered. The the older style expansion without cats. Like I have said before, I am new to the whole bike scene. I am up for a top end rebuild so now would be the time to do most engine mods if going to. I need to way up options to decide what I want to do and end up with before I put the engine in. Maybe some of the things I have suggested are reinventing the wheel?
I have had a few cars over the years and some of the things I have seen done. Well lets say they were mindblowing and would not have even thought of doing. Mixing cranks, conrods and piston combos from mix of different engines to get what they wanted etc.
These motors (2 strokes) are far more simplistic in the way they are built, less parts etc. So I guess my attitude is anything can be done, most are just to fearful to attempt anything.

Gman2005
04-09-2009, 06:23 AM
no no no no no no no, Its a Aprilia RS125 with a Rotax engine. If you can't get the best out of one these things without doing silly things to it. Just sell the poor thing.

coffee
04-09-2009, 07:53 AM
lmao, no no no no. lol

ThisEndUp
04-09-2009, 08:25 AM
no no no no no no no, Its a Aprilia RS125 with a Rotax engine. If you can't get the best out of one these things without doing silly things to it. Just sell the poor thing.

:funnypost

I love it.

That's in my signature now. :happy:

:cheers:

coffee
04-14-2009, 07:35 PM
LMAO, funny