PDA

View Full Version : Oversized Bore

coffee
04-08-2009, 03:18 AM
Having no idea i am going to throw a real bold one out there.
How much meat is in these bores and can they be machined out larger and recoated. I am told the bores can be re nickesil (spelling?) does that mean if enough meat we could take the size of the bore out any, recoat?

banzairx7
04-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Recoating the cylinder is expensive, usually a few hundred dollars. You can get a 154cc kit for the engine which is the better way to go.

coffee
04-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Well there seems to be mixed feed back around it. I understand that Polini are at the top of race design and one should expect the highest quality. just many reports of vibration, bottom ends destroyed etc, hard to know if this is the way to go. I have seen the insides of a case an a kart rebuilder advised they were not the strongest particularly in the gearbox side of things. That said he has claimed to have on running in a kart that had done a few races and seeing 14,000rpm.

Socket
04-08-2009, 04:53 PM
I'd look into doing the 250cc rotax swap. I'd like to know more about it to be honest...

coffee
04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Well I am leaving shortly to head to hurst racing (kart shop) to see what they think and any advice I can get. These guys are one of the best kart builders in Aus, and have been doing so for many years. If anyone here is able to advise me these guys are the best for it.