PDA

View Full Version : Griso SE... drool

JodyH
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.advrider.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=203679&stc=1&d=1239015504
http://www.advrider.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=203678&stc=1&d=1239015459

teacherboy
04-06-2009, 08:55 PM
That is a great color combo. The brown seat lends a sophisticated look. Just noticed the spoked wheels. Very cool :cheers:

Maxacceleration
04-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Nice bike.
MG/Piaggio has done well keeping Guzzi's up to date.
Still that Guzzi could use a solo saddle and a proper can.

SoulDaddy
04-06-2009, 09:44 PM
That is a great color combo. The brown seat lends a sophisticated look. Just noticed the spoked wheels. Very cool :cheers:

Very true. :plus:

I don't think I could resist having that seat reupholstered in real leather; brown, of course.

Those Buell turn indicators would have to go arrivederci, too.

RossGuzzi
04-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Im glad they have gone away from the wave rotors. They looked very.....cheep.

My mate with a Griso will want those spoke wheels when he see`s this !

teacherboy
04-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Oh yah, a nice saddle brown leather job would be crazy cool. :peace: Those spoke wheels are nice, I really like them.

I don't think I could resist having that seat reupholstered in real leather; brown, of course.

apriliabob
04-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Are you sure it's not real leather. Some high end Vespas (not as oxymoronic as you might think) sport real brown leather seats.

I could live with that thing just as it is (OK - the pipe's would go 1st). Love the spoke wheels. Simply stunning!

SoulDaddy
04-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Good point, Robert. No, I don't know but I'd sure like to sniff it and find out!

RSV4ME
04-06-2009, 11:14 PM
If there was ever a bike screaming for a set of clip ons and some bar end mirrors, oh and exhaust....:burnout:

jrflanne
04-06-2009, 11:45 PM
I sort of equate them as a cruiser with an attitude but this one is freaking sweet. I really like the stocker too. There's a picture of one with an Agostini slip-on around here somewhere. A great looking setup. I may have to buy one some day, like when I get too old for the Tuono.

Kid Thunder
04-07-2009, 12:53 AM
I have a deposit on a new black Griso 1200 8V.
The only problem with the SE is that it's NOT coming to the USA!!!
If it did I would cancel my deposit & get the SE!! To bad. It is classy looking.
Saw some poor pictures of it & hated it but with these shots it is beautiful!

Miticale
04-07-2009, 12:12 PM
I think those looks like Stelvio rims, no?

jrflanne
04-07-2009, 01:53 PM
I have a deposit on a new black Griso 1200 8V.
The only problem with the SE is that it's NOT coming to the USA!!!
If it did I would cancel my deposit & get the SE!! To bad. It is classy looking.
Saw some poor pictures of it & hated it but with these shots it is beautiful!

Not coming to the US? Damn, I sure would like to see one in person. I think Guzzi's could sell here, especially with some of the styling they are coming up with. A bunch of us are getting older and not ready to hop on a Harley or Japanese cruiser. Something with refined performance and a nice v-twin thud. I went to see the new Monsters and hated their look. If I was in the market, I think it would be a Griso. The black ones ain't bad, but the SE is dead sexy.

Guzzi, the vee you can see.

Superlite 17k
04-07-2009, 03:00 PM
As much as I like the Griso in general - and this green is the only color I like other than black - I think the SE is making the bike look too much like a "cruiser."

One thing I really do like about the SE are the blacked-out details (frame, headlight body, etc.) I don't care much for chrome-finish plastic, especially on a relatively expensive bike.

Geedub
04-07-2009, 03:45 PM
If spokes means inner tubes I would stay as far away from those wheels as I could. It's just me but .......

pete roper
04-07-2009, 07:37 PM
If spokes means inner tubes I would stay as far away from those wheels as I could. It's just me but .......

No, they don't. The hubs are the same as the Stelvio but the rims on the Griso are both 17 inchers. Wheels are tubeless with spoke nipples sealed by o-rings. I'll be adding silastic and a rim band to mine, I'd still of preffered radial pull spokes a-la Calis and BMW's but these look better.

On the brakes? I know petal rotors are all the rage but I actually preffered the *conventional* discs on my 1100 and my Mana to the petal rotors on my 1200. I haven't experimented with pad materials yet but they certainly don't have the 'Feel' of the conventional discs.

Pete

Kid Thunder
04-07-2009, 11:08 PM
The spoke wheels on this bike & on the BMW & I think the older Aprilia PD style bike(can't remember the name) are tubeless believe it or not. The I'm not sure how they do it(never seen without the tire on it) but it works.
Maybe someone else can explain.

pete roper
04-08-2009, 05:17 AM
The spoke wheels on this bike & on the BMW & I think the older Aprilia PD style bike(can't remember the name) are tubeless believe it or not. The I'm not sure how they do it(never seen without the tire on it) but it works.
Maybe someone else can explain.

Two different systems. The BMW and other 'Prila/Guzzi type wheels use radial pull spokes that go to a *rim* outside that where the tyre seats. The type on the Stelvio etc. are basically the same old centre-pull type but with sealed nipples to allow tubless tyre fitment.

Pete

jrflanne
04-08-2009, 05:28 AM
No, they don't. The hubs are the same as the Stelvio but the rims on the Griso are both 17 inchers. Wheels are tubeless with spoke nipples sealed by o-rings. I'll be adding silastic and a rim band to mine, I'd still of preffered radial pull spokes a-la Calis and BMW's but these look better.

On the brakes? I know petal rotors are all the rage but I actually preffered the *conventional* discs on my 1100 and my Mana to the petal rotors on my 1200. I haven't experimented with pad materials yet but they certainly don't have the 'Feel' of the conventional discs.

Pete

Hey Pete,
Are you getting one of the SE's? I'm jealous! You must post pics when you get it. The more I fawn over Jody's pics, the more I like it. One of the best looking bikes I have seen in a long, long time. The more I look, the better it looks. I guess I will keep bringing myself into a tizzy until I get one. One of the best parts? The large diameter header pipes.

pete roper
04-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey Pete,
Are you getting one of the SE's? I'm jealous!

Nah, what's the point. I've already got a Green 1200 8V Griso. I wouldn't take the big hit in depreciation, (Especially on a Guzzi which is incredibly strong and long lived.) just for a different paint job and some wheels. I can buy the wheels at dealer cost 'cos I'm a service agent for Guzzi and just fit 'em to my bike which I've set up very nicely and it is simply waiting for the cam recall parts to arrive, not that mine has shown any signs of going wrong but I'd preffer to swap 'em before anything does, (If its going to.).

I've piped mine up but there is no real point in trying to get more go out of it until I can get a DECENT map modifier. All the options on offer at the moment are a bit dreary and lashed up. 105-110 RWHP should be an easy ask though once I can sort the fueling. Since it will almost pull to the rev limiter in top in it's current trim where it is making 96.4 at the rear wheel and is OBSCENELY rich at the top end the extra power should be easy enough to get but the real benefits will come in the midrange, the motor should be a torque monster from 3,000 to 7,000 which will make it a wonderful ROAD motor. As I said, it's not shabby now but there is a lot more to get out of it and it is delightfully simple to work on as all Guzzis are, something that many people overlookin their purchase choice and end up complaining about service bills. Well, complication will cost!!!

Pete

jrflanne
04-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Well, keep us informed. I've always really liked Guzzi's and Griso's look like one of the best of all. I saw a guy touring around on a California last fall. He just chugged on by.

cosaro
04-09-2009, 04:30 AM
looks like the Piaggio Vespa GTV250ie colours to me :o

SoulDaddy
04-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't gorgeous.

http://www.daytonamc.co.uk/contents/media/vespa%20GTV%20green%2007.jpg

5hundo
04-10-2009, 11:53 AM
I rode a Griso a while back...

That was a FUN test ride...

Kid Thunder
04-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Pete Roper,
Check your PMs. I sent you one a couple days ago.
Thanks

DeBenGuzzi
04-13-2009, 06:08 PM

I'm about 90% sure that IS real leather there, when they do these specials its often extra nice trim, they did V11 sport Tenni's in the same color scheme and the seats were brown suede. I like this version of it better. Funny thing IS they put the same rubber on it I have on my V11 currently, great tires. love the griso's and if I didn't have a V11 I'd have a griso.

SoulDaddy
04-20-2009, 02:35 AM
More company info and an owner speaks. Too bad the vid was removed. :cigar:

http://guzzista.wetpaint.com/page/NEW!!!+Griso+1200+8v?t=anon

Fox Fader
06-16-2009, 02:38 PM
That color combo is what got me interested.

jrflanne
06-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Or, the Le Mans. 'freakin' great looking scoot!

HisNibbs
06-27-2009, 04:38 PM
The shop at the bottom of my road has one of those and I had a look the other day. Very nice, I can confirm it's a real leather seat and that's spokes and tubeless tyres. It was also fited with a different pipe ( forgotten the make but it may be sounds like "akrovik".

I've always had a soft spot for the guzzi's (probably why I put up with my Lemans for 15 years) but this bike is beautiful and looks so well made. If it was strait trade for the Falco I'd be tempted.....

SF2DieHard
06-27-2009, 10:51 PM
The Griso looks like it has a Lot of the virtues of the Centauro and a few improvements the Centauro needed. I really like it and I really want one but I think the Bassa is best for me. And Yes, i'm willing to trade my Falco for a Bassa.

D-Master

SoulDaddy
06-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Enjoy this soundtrack, D ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAsfsNG8B5g

:spankie: