PDA

View Full Version : 2t oil

akunabil
04-05-2009, 08:10 PM
hello guys..

on the manual, we only can use a fully-synthetic 2t oil isnt?
but what will happen if we use a semi-synthetic or mineral 2t oil?

p/s: er.. premix n 2t is the same thing isn't? :p:

nubus
04-06-2009, 08:01 AM
p/s: er.. premix n 2t is the same thing isn't? :p:

Only if you are premixing! (I.E. no injector pump)
Some 2t premix oils are not intended for injector use.
They may be too thick to flow out of the oil bag properly.
Be sure whatever you choose clearly states for injector use.

coffee
04-08-2009, 03:08 AM
continuing on from this. What is the general prefernce and thoughts of different brand oils used. I generally use the motul fully synthetic, think 710 or something. The other day got stuck out and about and used a fully synth BP. Seemed ok though thinner. What do others use and find best or not good?

Socket
04-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Motorex has a 2 stroke oil specificly made for an oil injected small CC street bike...I can grab the number if you'd like. Using Motul right now and don't like it.

akunabil
04-20-2009, 11:33 PM
im using petronas sprinta 5000 from petronas corp. (sponsor rossi bike currently).

Steve / AF1 Racing
04-22-2009, 10:20 PM
In general I segment two stroke oil two ways.

Pre-mix versus injector.

-and-

Low deposit formulation or standard formulation.

The second one doesn't get mentioned much, but on bikes like the RS125 you want a low deposit two stroke oil because the heavier injector oils can gum up your powervalve depressingly quickly.

The AGIP Speed 2T (http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=7322) oil claims special formulation for low powervalve deposits, but is pre-mix only.

AGIP's City 2T (http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=7323) also features a low deposit formulation and can be used with the stock oil injection system

Gman2005
04-23-2009, 10:24 AM
well Rock Oil claim the has low deposits, but my PV is always gummed up. I personally found that Castrol TTS was the best while using the Injector. Ran a bit better and just overall a better oil.

ThisEndUp
04-23-2009, 11:01 AM
well Rock Oil claim the has low deposits, but my PV is always gummed up. I personally found that Castrol TTS was the best while using the Injector. Ran a bit better and just overall a better oil.

:plus: for Castrol TTs

Gman2005
04-23-2009, 12:02 PM
and may i add, iv just about 5 different oils in my RS. I'm just using Rock Oil at the minute because i get it cheap(er) :) still good oil though.

the brit
04-23-2009, 12:05 PM
AGIP's City 2T (http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=7323) also features a low deposit formulation and can be used with the stock oil injection system

Is that what you recommend over the Speed 2T for our stock bikes? TIA!

Steve / AF1 Racing
04-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Is that what you recommend over the Speed 2T for our stock bikes? TIA!

It's what I'd use, yes.

Stuck powervalves are no fun.

Gman2005
04-23-2009, 04:17 PM
i didnt clean my pv for two months and it came out in one with a cold engine. My other RS with the cat in, does glog up a lot. I would check out the jets your using. You shouldn't be having problems personally

Gman

Steve / AF1 Racing
04-24-2009, 12:25 AM
i didnt clean my pv for two months and it came out in one with a cold engine. My other RS with the cat in, does glog up a lot. I would check out the jets your using. You shouldn't be having problems personally

Gman

Not a jetting issue, I tried to use cheaper oil that left heavy deposits and those gummed up the power valve.

Lesson learned was that not all two stroke oil is created equal, and I use low deposit formula now.

DesertGoon
07-07-2010, 01:05 AM
im using petronas sprinta 5000 from petronas corp. (sponsor rossi bike currently).

i've been using the same oil (fully synthetic) on my mito and no problem whatsoever. :banana:

Stretch
08-20-2010, 04:53 AM
RS125 powervalves seem more prone to gum up compared to Mito's. Had good results with Agip & Motul fully synthetic (but not Castrol) although I suspect that alcohol in the fuel affects the lubrication somehow. I would not run them on cheap oils.

millmutt
08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
I have been using Agip City 2T in my 125 with great results per AF1 reccomendation.
Mine is street use only and after 3000 miles very little build up on power valve.

Millmutt

mwr_allen
08-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Hi All,
I have an RS125 08 FP bought in March 2011 and done almost 29,000 miles. It's had a new piston assembly at it's 15,000 mile service, full dealer servicing on all service intervals from the shop where I got the bike with 2 new powervalve blades etc. I have been using Rock Oil fully synthetic city 2 oil since new as it was recommended by the dealer.
I have always had problems with the valve getting clogged up with carbon and stuck after only a few hundred miles after cleaning with this oil, I have recently moved house and I now live near a dealer that recommends Motorex oil, will this be better for the bikes life and also performance.

Thanks.

Marcus

Rayza
08-12-2014, 03:45 PM
I use Motul 710 full synthetic 2T in my injected Aprilia.

I also use the titanium coated power valve blades which I purchased from PJME, and have had no problems at all with them.

I clean and swap blades every few thousand K's.

The PV blades come out of the motor with a very thin coating of black on them, which is easily removed with a bit of petrol on a rag.

The Ti coating seems to help to keep them clean.

R.

maddad
08-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Tts :)