PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Bodies sync problem?

Mooseknuckles
03-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey all,

I just pulled the back end off my bike for a good once over and general clean up. I pulled the stock can off and the two pipes appear to have significantly different signs of fuel mixture. The pipe off the back head is white on the inside(i suspect lean) and the pipe from the front head is black(i figure rich). So does it infact suggest the sync is off? Second, should the pips seems loose on the heads or is that just somthing else that needs tightening again?

Moose

spencer
03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
I think the differance in pipe length accounts for some of that....make sure it has the correct map too...and yes, Im sure the sync plays a role....

Mooseknuckles
03-31-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm just waiting for my tuneboy in the mail!

ETN550
03-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Mine is the same. I have synch'ed it twice and it did idle and run better but same exhaust color as you describe. Plugs looked great with no variation. quite a difference in pipe length. ??

Can tune boy adjust each cylinder?

Allen Noland
03-31-2009, 09:18 PM
I just pulled the back end off my bike for a good once over and general clean up. I pulled the stock can off and the two pipes appear to have significantly different signs of fuel mixture. The pipe off the back head is white on the inside(i suspect lean) and the pipe from the front head is black(i figure rich). So does it infact suggest the sync is off? It never hurts to check, they start and run so much better when they are properly synced.
Second, should the pips seems loose on the heads or is that just somthing else that needs tightening again?

You probably need new exhaust gaskets. A really loose one can also cause a lean condition.

irie
04-01-2009, 02:24 AM
While you have the exhaust apart read this thread (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133226). :)

There are some good pictures in this thread (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169532).

Mooseknuckles
04-01-2009, 07:22 AM
irie,

I've read those before and definatly plan to fix the pipes since I'll have them off anyway. Did it make a noticable "seat of the pants" improvment? I've also read using 2 gaskets per head makes for a better seal. Would you agree or might you use somthing different than OEM?